Spanish Singer Manual?

Old May 23rd 05, 01:44 PM
Kate Dicey

Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:

Oh, yes, I remember this one. Actually, I still (pretty much) stick to
that order...

It was on one of the first pages in our book, I remember.

We were also taught how to sweep the floor, however like lots of
practical stuff at school, it didn't work well for me, being left-handed
and (back then) not being smart enough to just do it mirror-image.

Hanne

We have this amazing magic cupboard full of little gnomes... We hide
all the dirty dishes and pots in it over night, and the little gnomes
lick them all clean while we sleep! It's ever so good!

They can be a bit boisterous at times, so we don't let them play with
the crystal glasses or really big things... One got trapped in a large
mixing bowl once, and it took the others so long to get him out that
they only managed to lick half the other pots clean.
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old May 23rd 05, 02:31 PM
Hanne Gottliebsen

My kitchen is way too small for gnomes - I know they are only little
(some of them anyway), but they need space to move around. It was a
choice of a small tabletop freezer or a magic cupboard for gnomes.

Being single - that was not a hard choice for me.

Hanne in London (on one salary...)

Old May 23rd 05, 03:56 PM
Julia in MN

Pauline O'Connell wrote:
The bag I made was to bring to Paducah - it's the type that's supposed to be
easier on your back.

I like a backpack if I am going to be carrying much or walking around a
lot. Then much of the weight is on the mid & lower back.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old May 23rd 05, 11:32 PM
Kate Dicey

Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:

My kitchen is way too small for gnomes - I know they are only little
(some of them anyway), but they need space to move around. It was a
choice of a small tabletop freezer or a magic cupboard for gnomes.

Being single - that was not a hard choice for me.

Hanne in London (on one salary...)

I managed to fit in a small fridge as well as the gnome cupboard when we
re-fitted! First time I'd had a fridge in the kitchen in 18 years! Luxury!

We run a family and a 3 bedroom house on one salary - DH's. That's the
joy of NOT living in London! Once I'm over this present bit of madness
(ball gown in 10 days! AAKK! BIG ball gown - Gone With The Wind style
effort!), we must have a meet-up! London is only 70 mins away on the
slow train.

Old May 25th 05, 06:21 PM
Debra

On Mon, 23 May 2005 08:06:50 GMT, "Pauline O'Connell"
wrote:

All great ideas Pati - I did end up putting my AQS pin on the outside of the
pocket with my phone in it, but the main "function" of the bag was supposed
to adjust the weight, so you are not dragging your shoulder down, as you
often do with a regular shoulder purse.
Pauline

My answer to the shoulder bag drag is to wear a fanny pack. I carry
my phone, bi-fold wallet, a small bottle of mixed pills (aspirin,
allergy med, etc.), lip balm, eye drops, and a few other little
things. I wear mine with the bag part in front. No one can get into
it without my knowledge and my hands are free to do whatever I want
because I don't have to lay down my purse first while shopping. I
can't possibly leave my purse in a shopping cart because I never have
to take it off. Best of all no one asks me to carry anything of
their's in my purse anymore! Sure I can't carry large items in it,
but I just leave them in the car and I can get them whenever I need
them. The only drawback is that I have to switch bags if I am going
somewhere fancy, but I have been known to just toss the whole fanny
pack into a medium sized shoulder bag if I needed to make a quick
switch.
Debra in VA
Old May 26th 05, 02:21 AM
Charlotte Hippen

Don't know if this is what you want, but I have a backpack my mom won
somewhere that I love for things like quilt shows. I don't have a pattern
for it, but it wouldn't be hard to make without one. I have also seen them
in stores although I don't know the price (they were athletic wear brands so
I'm sure they were expensive). The basic construction is two rectangles
joined on the 3 sides and a draw string top. The two draw strings are
connected to the bottom corners of the bag to make your shoulder straps. It
also has a small pocket on the front. The zipper on it is one of those
reversible ones so the pocket can serve as a carrying pouch for the bag when
not in use. I like it because it stuffs nicely into a fanny pack or a small
purse and when you make a purchase you just pull it out and there you have a
backpack to carry it. I've been thinking about making a slightly larger one
because this one is a little small, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It
helps me keep within my budget this way -if I can't fit it in the bag, I
can't buy it.

HTH!
--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

. com...

Old May 26th 05, 06:15 AM
Pauline O'Connell

I do use a teeny, tiny purse that doesn't drag me down - only the barest of
essentials, but for the trip to Paducah, I knew I'd be buying things at the
show & wanted a means to carry them without hurting my back. Will have to
keep trying to find the perfect "bag".

Pauline

Old May 29th 05, 09:41 PM
Pauline O'Connell

Thanks Charlotte - I'm probably better with a pattern. I've picked up a
few, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with a good one.

Pauline