Janome Sew Mini

Old August 16th 10, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Linda[_4_]

Default Janome Sew Mini

Just want to say thanks to whoever it was on this group who mentioned the
Janome Sew Mini as an alternative to a toy machine for children. I bought
one for my granddaughter, who is nine years old, and I am impressed at what
a nice machine it is for the price.

I have only been able to help my granddaughter work with the machine two
times since I gave it to her in March, so she has had to learn on her own,
as my daughter does not sew. Tonight I got to see some of the things she has
made: an apron, a tote bag, a nifty head band, and a sundress from
presmocked fabric. Her latest project was five really cute burp cloths for
her new little sister. These are trimmed with loops of ribbon across the
bottom, and I think would have been pretty tricky for a new sewer, but she
did a very good job on them. She got practice doing narrow hems when she
made several head scarves for her other grandmother, who is taking cancer
treatments. My daughter is learning along with my granddaughter, and has
made a few things herself. Wonders never cease....
Linda

Old August 16th 10, 08:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Thanks so much for reporting back, Linda.
It's always great to hear how the 'story ends up' g
Your granddaughter is going great guns. Good for her and you - and your
daughter to join in the learning process with her little girl.
..
In message , Linda
writes
[...]

Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 16th 10, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Sounds like your granddaughter is really making progress! I'm glad your
daughter also decided to learn a few things about sewing!
Barbara in HOT SC

Old August 16th 10, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Wow, the kid's a natural!
Roberta in D

Old August 16th 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 21:40:51 -0500, Linda wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I'm glad to hear she is enjoying herself. Maybe it's time she learned how to
piece a 9-patch block?

Maureen

Old August 16th 10, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

On Aug 15, 8:40*pm, "Linda" wrote:
[...]

This is good information for future granddaughter beginnings.
Thanks. It is amazing how much your DGD has done already!
Old August 16th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Yee-Haw!
Good to hear this, Linda.

http://tinyurl.com/2bv7veq

http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/ProjectCenter/Projects

Cheers!
R/Sandy

Old August 17th 10, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Okay, you Janome folks. Does this mean that you endorse the Janome Sew Mini
as much better than a cheap at WalMart or toy SM? Polly

Old August 17th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:01:42 -0500, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

Okay, you Janome folks. Does this mean that you endorse the Janome Sew Mini
as much better than a cheap at WalMart or toy SM? Polly

"Sandy E" wrote in message

I'm no expert, but my guess is the sew mini is a "real" machine, but at a 3/4
size.

Maureen

Old August 17th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Linda[_4_]

There are a lot of beginner machines out there, but I'm not aware of any
others that sell for around fifty dollars. I would suggest something else
for an adult who has decided to take up sewing, but for a child who may or
may not continue this hobby, the Sew Mini is a good one to start with. It is
small and lightweight, and sews a nice neat straight or zigzag stitch. It is
way better than the crank operated toy machine I had as a child.
Linda

wrote:

[...]

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

sew, sew tired julia sidebottom Quilting 8 September 21st 06 04:12 AM
sew-sew weekend maryd Quilting 5 August 30th 04 04:03 PM
Sew Sew Lady (WH) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 November 28th 03 06:22 PM
ATT'N: WH aka The Sew Sew Lady Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 November 1st 03 06:03 PM
Mini-meetup and mini-shop-hop (longish) TerriLee in WA Quilting 7 September 16th 03 04:34 AM