Help, bad bead seller

Old May 6th 04, 11:08 PM
patch

I never saw her post on WC, nor here... I don't know for the other boards as
I don't read there often enough. Now that she answered my mail this
afternoon, after one month, we'll see what will happen. I will keep you
posted.

Thank you all, you are great!!!!!
Denise

"Tinkster" a écrit dans le message de
On Thu, 6 May 2004 12:48:14 -0400, "patch"
wrote:

I'd like to have your opinion on this:

I bought lampwork beads from the web site of a beadmaker from whom I've
bought on eBay before. We are both in Canada and mail between us is 3

days.
I paid with a postal money order dated the first week of April. Still
haven't receive my beads after over a month now, and the seller is not
answering my numerous e-mails. I know she is still around as she is

posting
new beads for sale on eBay. At this point, I am thinking of sending a

claim
at the BBB and I don't know where else... she should or refund my money

or
send the beads.

Was there any kind of insurance on the package? Does she post anywhere
online where you might be able to discreetly get her attention, like
WetCanvas? And at WetCanvas, you can send a private message with a
return receipt request, too!

Good luck!

Tink
Rent-A-Tink Info via
Latest Work is he
http://snipurl.com/4y35
BEAD SALE he http://snipurl.com/5pfg
http://blackswampglassworks.com

Old May 7th 04, 12:50 AM
Cheryl

I did buy some stuff from her auctions 2 months ago and got my stuff slowly
but I got it. It look like a woman having too much on her plate,

ohh -- wondering if we don't know this person as a certain lampworker from
Oregon - who is notoriously slow......

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old May 7th 04, 01:27 AM
res09031

To Beck Bead:
I've also purchased beads on the web...with good luck.. But I went thru
one well known (I think) seller who I'd purchased thru before. We had a
good e-mail communication and I sent $35.00 thru Pay Pal for some beads and
a pattern that were to be air mailed to me. She's in BC so I gave it a few
weeks...nothing..I e-mailed her, nothing..I've tried 5 times, and no answer.
I e-mailed PayPal and because my purchase was 30 days previous all they
would do was to write a complaint about her. I've been back on her web
page..she's very actively changing it, so she's around. I can't get her
phone #, she won't answer my e-mails and I want my money back or the beads.
If you want me to e-mail you her address I will, and see if you can get thru
to her. Any help at this time would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Petol
(Liz Toland)

"patch" wrote in message
. ..
I'd like to have your opinion on this:

I bought lampwork beads from the web site of a beadmaker from whom I've
bought on eBay before. We are both in Canada and mail between us is 3

days.
I paid with a postal money order dated the first week of April. Still
haven't receive my beads after over a month now, and the seller is not
answering my numerous e-mails. I know she is still around as she is

posting
new beads for sale on eBay. At this point, I am thinking of sending a

claim
at the BBB and I don't know where else... she should or refund my money or
send the beads.

Patch- Denise

Old May 7th 04, 03:38 AM
patch

No, that one is in Canada.
I will let you know the outcome.
Denise

Old May 7th 04, 07:21 AM
Kalera Stratton

Agh...I don't have any patience for the "too much on her plate" sorta
shirking.. you either handle your responsibilities or you don't, you
know what I mean? If she can't handle so many sales in a timely fashion,
she shouldn't sell so much. And how hard is it to send an EMAIL???

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

patch wrote:
HI Becki,

I wrote a private mail to you earlier today but for another reason. Not
sure if it reached you.

I did buy some stuff from her auctions 2 months ago and got my stuff slowly
but I got it. It look like a woman having too much on her plate, I don't
think she is dishonest but she is avoiding responsabilities.

Thanks for your help... write back if you get my e-mail
Denise

Old May 7th 04, 07:49 AM
Kalera Stratton

Yeah, ignoring five emails is out of hand and unacceptable! She should
have at least communicated with you that she hadn't received it, so you
would have known "gee, maybe I'd better go see if I can track that money
order and make sure it hasn't been cashed".

Of course, I'm gonna be honest here and say that after the non-response,
I wouldn't be surprised if she HAS gotten it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

patch wrote:
Kalera, after sending my e-mail this afternoon telling her I was to put a
search on the money order, I finally got an e-mail from her. She said she
never received it. Why she ignored my 5 previous mails I don't know. I
will be at the post office tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Thank you for your insight.
Denise

"Kalera Stratton" a écrit dans le message de

It's possible that she is, for some reason, either not receiving your
emails, or (and this happened to a customer of mine) she's replying and
you're not seeing the replies. Go through your junk mail folder, if you
have one, to make sure your mail reader isn't marking them as junk.

If that turns up nothing, try sending a letter via registered mail. In
the letter, state that you sent it because she seems not to be receiving
your emails. Remind her of the transaction, ask whether she received
your cashier's check, and when you can expect to receive your beads.

It's also possible that she sent the beads late and was embarrassed to
reply, thinking "Oh, they'll get there any day anyway". I ordered some
mugs and the company sent the wrong ones... when I emailed them about
it, they didn't reply. I figured I was SOL, but a week later a package
arrived on the front porch from them with the correct mugs in it.

If you simply never hear back from her, see if you can find a lawyer who
will write a letter for you without charging an arm and a leg. THAT will
definitely jostle her into SOME response!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 7th 04, 11:11 AM
BeckiBead

Liz -- send her a letter through the mail (the same address where you sent your
money) demanding the beads or a return of your payment, or you will take legal
action. Tell her that you do not appreciate your emails not being returned.

Then, go through all the links that Ebay offers for problems with sellers and
complain to them all. That is how I got my product mailed, finally.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old May 7th 04, 11:25 AM
BeckiBead

denise -- I don't see anything from you in my mail. Let's wait until the
morning. AOL seems to work better in the light (unlike me!)

Old May 7th 04, 11:37 AM
patch

That's what I think too... but I can't believe someone can do that on
purpose...Well, when you have customers, you try to keep them happy, in my
opinion. I won 3 of her auctions before and then ordered those 3 beads
from her web site. I could have become a faithful follower... not anymore.