OT Rough day so far

Old December 15th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default OT Rough day so far

My husband is using the last of his vacation days for the year. Today
he was visiting the Chicago museums alone so he could concentrate on
several exhibits I would not enjoy. On the way to Chicago he was
rear-ended on the expressway. Fortunately he was in our larger car so
the damage is only crumpled metal. He is going to the hospital to have
his neck and shoulder checked.

I just went downstairs and found water dripping from the ceiling in
the computer room. Fortunately the leak is by the file cabinets rather
than the computer. I have shut off the water to the house and the
plumber is coming in an hour to analyze the situation. He won't have
time to fix it today. I can't keep the water off all day with Mom
here. My son's condo is being painted today so can't take her there.
The plumber said he would come after hours tonight because of Mom but
he must finish the job he is currently working on before he comes.

Sad thing is that fixing the pipe won't be the end of the mess. This
leak must have been dripping all night. The wall board will have to be
replaced on two walls at the corner plus a lot of ceiling. This is an
area we just repainted last year! All the stuff from the leaking
corner has been pushed into my studio. After the plumber is here I
might be able to move things into the laundry room so I will be able
to sew. My son's Christmas gift is not finished!

Most of my stuff is in plastic boxes so the only things ruined were
some mat boards, my display boards and one framed needlework piece.
The needlework can be salvaged but I don't know about the frame.

OK, if you believe that bad things happen in threes what else is
planned for us today? Stay tuned.

Susan

Old December 15th 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathyl

On Dec 15, 11:09*am, Susan Laity Price
wrote:
[...]

Oh Susan! I'm so sorry!! I hope the rest of the month goes better.
Your son will certainly understand if you have to give him an "in
progress" gift. I hope the water situation is fixed quickly as I
know you have some extra challenges with your mom there. Best wishes
to you all! I hope your DH is ok.
Hugs!
Old December 15th 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Hope everything is OK with your DH.
Barbara in FL

Old December 15th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Susan,

A couple of words to the wise...

If the outdoor temperature where you are is/falls below freezing, you
need to drain your pipes after shutting off the water or leave it
running at a trickle or you may risk the pipes freezing and bursting.
BT-DT.

If the plumber needs to rip something out to find the leak, insist
that he rip out the ceiling. My mom, brother, and a seller we bought
a previous house from all got talked into letting them rip out the
floors because it was easier for the *plumber* than working overhead
or on ladders. However replacing floors is about 20x more expensive
and disrupting than replacing ceilings, especially in older homes. BT-
DT too.

Doc

Old December 15th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Oh my goodness, dear friend, Susan. Just in case bad things always come in
threes, please do stay off the roof. Waaaaah. I hope you'll report back
really soon with good news from your DH and that the plumbing problem is
quickly resolved. We're anxious to hear from you. Polly

Old December 15th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Susan Laity Price wrote:
[...]

AAARGH! You have my sympathies. I hope the plumer could fix things for
you and everything gets sorted out soonest. No fun just before
Christmas when everyone seems to be super busy!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 16th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Susan Laity Price wrote:

[...]

Susan, I sincerely hope #3 doesn't materialize. You have a nice plumber,
if he's willing to come after hours.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 16th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Dec 15, 6:08*pm, Sandy wrote:
In article ,
*Susan Laity Price wrote:

[...]

sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net- Hide quoted text -

Most important is that your DH is o.k....things can get fixed and
replaced but DH is irreplaceable! Wishing all of you safer less
stressful days ahead. Donna
Old December 16th 09, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

What a horrible day - but its over now and I am sure that the
complications of the water amounted to at least two catastrophes so
you've had your three.

Car bumps take a long time to heal. After ours in May it took at least 6
weeks on pain-killers, and my bruises showed for at least the same
amount of time and hurt for longer. DH didn't have visible bruising, but
he hurt an equal amount. The shoulder neck ones were more on the side
the seat belt didn't hold back (perhaps we all need a full harness).
Don't let your DH think he shouldn't have pain killers for quite a long
time if he needs them - the hospital prescribed a combination of
Ibuprofen and Codeine for DH (as he has other health problems and
doesn't have Paracetamol)and Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for me -
apparently they work well in combination as they target in different ways.

Good thoughts to both of you and may the next few days be gentle.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallyattheseaside/

Old December 16th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Dec 16, 5:18*am, Sally Swindells
wrote:

snip
the hospital prescribed a combination of
Ibuprofen and Codeine for DH (as he has other health problems and
doesn't have Paracetamol)and Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for me -
apparently they work well in combination as they target in different ways..

Paracetamol = acetaminophen (Tylenol)

OT Rough day so far Patti Quilting 0 December 15th 09 05:28 PM
Cutting rough glass M Glass 8 February 13th 08 11:45 AM
Lapis rough Whole Sale sfgems Marketplace 0 December 5th 05 07:46 AM
ROUGH & CUT Gemstones K. J. Marketplace 0 January 18th 04 07:10 AM
Greetings and Rough Needles Kaylynn McClister Needlework 10 September 14th 03 02:59 AM