Dear Red States

Old November 6th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruby

Default Dear Red States

flitterbit wrote:

Karen didn't write the piece she posted; it's satire/humour that's been
circulating the Web since the 2004 Presidential election.

Sounds like Sense of humor got lost in the split up. lol
Ruby
Old November 6th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
dark.angel

In article , Karen C in California
wrote:

dark.angel wrote:

Why don't you just cut to the chase and proclaim it "Karen's Kountry?"

Because I'm not the one who wrote the article.

Oh, dear .... I'm so very sorry! I completely didn't see where you
cited the source!

Because, as a professional proofreader, you'd have too much integrity
to post something without citing the source, of course.

[Sarcastic rant over]

It doesn't matter if you wrote or not. You posted it. And you did so
without citing the source (didn't at least say "Found this on the
internet") ... soooo you're either a plagiarist or a bigot in Dem's
clothing.

And since you are a professional proofreader, one can only assume that
you have the intellectual wherewithal to have "proofed" it first. Were
you unable to delete or modify the passages that were so disgustingly
bigoted (and indirectly racist)??

Which is it?

--
dark.angel
Old November 6th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
dark.angel

Default Minor Quibble Dear Red States

In article
,
wrote:

On Nov 6, 9:31*am, "dark.angel" wrote:

The bottom line is that even if they only joined for the extra $$ or
for the GI Bill (which would be silly considering how hard it is to
actually USE in many cases), they VOLUNTEERED knowing full well that so
many countries despise us that we WILL get into one fracas or another.

I don't mean to endorse anything in the post to which you were
responding here, but I do want to point out that many of those who
volunteered did so by signing up for the National Guard, which is
traditionally not deployed outside of the US.

True. Not traditionally.

(And I did not post what I did hoping for any endorsement whatsoever!)

But regardless of what tradition allows, it's always a distinct
possibility. My DH was in the Army NG for YEARS and they were not only
deployed to Iraq, but also Kuwait during Desert Storm.

Regardless, they signed on the dotted line knowing that they can be
"called up" for action -- whether it's guarding the local armory or
fighting abroad.

Elizabeth

--
dark.angel
Old November 6th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 6, 11:12 am, "Julie K. Eitze" wrote:

That was the most
offensive post I have read to date on the group. Even the trolls posts I
know are just drivel......I had respected Karen's comments before
this.......whether they are actually her's or not she posted it.

I have to side with you on this. NOTHING indicated to me that it was
old, or was comprised of someone else's words. I never read it
before and I bet a lot of us never did either.

I have learned that it is very difficult to convey satire, humor,
sarcasm etc. with he written word, - yay, even the spoken word -
heck, look at Palin and the Russia-across-the-strait comments.

Ya gotta just tell it with sincerity or risk being misinterpreted.

Red state, blue state - who cares - I'm just glad to be an "Uh -
merikin" and I wish our country well.
Old November 6th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

dark.angel wrote:

Why don't you just cut to the chase and proclaim it "Karen's Kountry?"

Because I'm not the one who wrote the article.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 10/7/08 - Sun Fun (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/

Old November 6th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 6, 11:37*am, Ruby wrote:
flitterbit wrote:
Karen didn't write the piece she posted; it's satire/humour that's been
circulating the Web since the 2004 Presidential election.

Sounds like Sense of humor got lost in the split up. *lol

The problem is that the post was funny as sour grapes when "blue"
lost. It's offensive as gloating now that "blue" has won.

Elizabeth
Old November 6th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Jinx Minx wrote:

Offensive as HELL

Oh, well.

For years, we've had to put up with Red Staters telling us that they
have superior morality and that we Californians are going to hell
because we don't think Rush Limbaugh and millionaire televangelists are
destined for sainthood.

Maybe the facts that Blue States are the ones with the money --
California gets back only a fraction of the money we send to DC, because
our money is used to subsidize poor Red States -- are offensive to those
who've been patting themselves on the back making fun of our collection
of fruits, nuts and flakes. Too bad, tit for tat.

I've lived in Red areas. I like Blue ones better. Less racist, more
tolerant of new ideas, better food.

Next time you get a craving for an orange, remember, we produce almost
ALL of the eating oranges in California. When you want a salad in
December, remember, most of the lettuce in winter is grown in
California. Our farmworkers work year-round; they don't get winters off
because we don't have winters.

And, for any of you who have ever made jokes about lazy Californians,
I'm accustomed to talking to NY law firms and telling them that our
office opens at 8 AM; in NYC, they don't show up till 10. There's
always that moment of shock when they realize that we're working harder
than the city that prides itself on working hard.

Old November 6th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 6, 11:24 am, "dark.angel"
Uh-MEN!!!!

just testing my LBJ accent.....
Old November 6th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

wrote:

The problem is that the post was funny as sour grapes when "blue"
lost. It's offensive as gloating now that "blue" has won.

Elizabeth

Thank you for pointing that out. We in the Blue States have been
expected to laugh at "offensive gloating" for years. The Reds don't
like it now that the tables are turned.

OT - Dear Dad Elly[_2_] Quilting 4 February 9th 08 06:37 AM
OT Dear all . . . CATS Quilting 5 September 13th 07 05:08 PM
A little OT Finished something - but oh dear! Cats Quilting 29 January 30th 07 04:39 AM
Oh Dear! KJ Quilting 13 January 31st 05 03:59 PM
OT - Dear Mom LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 8 April 25th 04 02:10 AM