Glass saw kicking my butt

Old July 7th 03, 01:58 AM
MissMouse

Default Glass saw kicking my butt

Ok I need help. I have a wire saw and I think I might like it but I cant
keep the marks for my pattern on the glass long enough to get anything cut
out with out going nuts. I have even tried using spry mount to put the
pattern in the glass.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks
Mouse

--
łGrammar and spelling are rules for a game
developed without my consultation or approval.˛

Old July 7th 03, 02:36 AM
Moonraker

After you draw the line with a sharpie, coat it with vaseline, chapstick,
or a commercial product from the glass stores, called Mark-Stay.

. ..

Old July 8th 03, 02:48 PM
MissMouse

Thank you all I will Try the Liquid Copper pen have tried the sharpie and
marks stay it was not helping much.
Mouse
"Kennor" wrote in message
om...
I use a pen called Liquid Copper by Decocolor. Draw the lines and let it
dry. It works well.
. ..

Old July 8th 03, 03:07 PM
Moonraker

My goodness....how much water does one of those wire saws sling around,
anyway?

I've been using Mark-Stay for years. Never had it fail.

I've also tried the paint pens in silver and white, but as soon as the
blade cut into the paint and water got under it, the whole line would pop
off.

A while back, Delphi sent me a sample of a white marker that looks like
"Liquid Paper". I haven't tried it yet, don't know if it would be any
better.

. ..
"Kennor" wrote in message
om...
I use a pen called Liquid Copper by Decocolor. Draw the lines and let it
dry. It works well.
. ..

Old July 8th 03, 04:15 PM
Rick Wilton

I use a sharpie on float glass with a 10" Diamond tile saw and it works for
me. As long as it's not a red sharpie. the blue or black hold alot better
than red. Make sure your glass doesn't have oil or grease on it. Actually a
grease marker is another thing we use.

Rick Wilton

. ..
"Kennor" wrote in message
om...
I use a pen called Liquid Copper by Decocolor. Draw the lines and let it
dry. It works well.
. ..

Old July 8th 03, 05:48 PM
MissMouse

well i guess it depends oh how well you know what you are doing some days I
sling alot of water and some days hardly any. I am still finding out how
much flow I need to keep the blade cool. I have had the saw for a year now
but just started using it. I wanted to make sure I had solid hand cutting
skils first.
Mouse
"Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .
My goodness....how much water does one of those wire saws sling around,
anyway?

I've been using Mark-Stay for years. Never had it fail.

I've also tried the paint pens in silver and white, but as soon as the
blade cut into the paint and water got under it, the whole line would pop
off.

A while back, Delphi sent me a sample of a white marker that looks like
"Liquid Paper". I haven't tried it yet, don't know if it would be any
better.

. ..

"Kennor" wrote in message
om...
I use a pen called Liquid Copper by Decocolor. Draw the lines and let

it
dry. It works well.
. ..

Old July 8th 03, 09:56 PM
Harold E. Keeney \(Hal\)

Have used aluminum whenever I have a large
number of the same design. Works very well,
but I just never thought about gluing them down.
What did you use as an adhesive?
Hal

"Roger Haar" wrote in message
Hi,
I have heard of people making their patterns out
of thin aluminum (Think beer can) The claim was
with these glued down there was no problem plus
they a reusable.

Kennor wrote:

I use a pen called Liquid Copper by Decocolor. Draw the lines and let it
dry. It works well.
. ..

Old July 9th 03, 04:59 AM
Anon Ymous

Try TexPens by Marks-Tex it's even stay to 2000 degrees. My son worked for a
glass manufacturer and they use them for marking glass right out of the
ovens.

tHAT51

. ..
"Kennor" wrote in message
om...
I use a pen called Liquid Copper by Decocolor. Draw the lines and let it
dry. It works well.
. ..

Old July 11th 03, 04:17 AM
John White

I found a new pen by sharpie, has metalic ink...works good so far.
John
"Ducky1578" wrote in message
I don't know if this will help or not...

When I have to drill through glass, I make a mark on the "wrong" side of

glass
with the sharpie, then cover the mark with masking tape. When I turn the

glass
over to drill, not only is the mark not going anywhere, but the white tape
really makes the black sharpie pop out.

Works wonders for my eyes!

OT - kinda - broken glass story VManes Beads 32 November 21st 04 06:38 PM
Help from the US glass people, please? Su/Cutworks Beads 21 October 7th 04 10:14 PM
For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 08:19 PM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM
Old glass receipts Matthew Spong Glass 0 July 4th 03 01:06 PM