About Fabric: Facts and Fun

Old May 16th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default About Fabric: Facts and Fun

The About quilting site has some interesting fabric
features this week. Some are fun, some are informative.

How to for dye running; bleed test:
http://quilting.about.com/od/fabrice..._test.htm?nl=1

How to for fiber content; burn test:
http://quilting.about.com/od/fabrice..._test.htm?nl=1

Fabricholic quiz:
http://quilting.about.com/od/essenti...holic.htm?nl=1

I like the About Quilting site and am subscribed to
receive regular updates. NAYY.

PAT in VA/USA
Old May 16th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Thanks, Pat.

Here's a fact: this is a great place for online shopping:
http://www.fabricshack.com
They sent the Queen of the Ranch bundle the morning after I sent
my late-night order. Everything I ordered was here in 2 days; the colors
are at least as good as represented on the page.
Fun part: they added some extra goodies, a key chain w/ a little
sewing machine charm, a 6" ruler, a serrated plastic cutting tool which is
perfect in the kitchen (never touch lettuce w/ a metal knife).
Cowgirls, as far as the eye can see!

Am I a Fabricholic? Would I tell? ;-D

Cheers!
R/Sandy-- new fabrics already washed and stashed --
I ain't 'fraid a' no Stash Raiders

Old May 16th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Admitting your addiction is the first step to recovery.
I don't think you want to do that. Don't tell.
Taria, glad too that pat is a-ok

Old May 17th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marsha

http://quilting.about.com/od/essenti...abriholic.htm?...

I like the About Quilting site and am subscribed to
receive regular updates. NAYY.

PAT in VA/USA

I can attest to the fact that www.fabricshack.com get your order out
fast. I ordered some batiks on a Wednesday night, online, my order
was in my mailbox Friday afternoon!!! I have ordered from them
several times and have never been unhappy with the fabric or their
service. Great place to purchase fabric.

JMHO,

Marsha in nw, Ohio

Old May 17th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Love my fabric and don't care who knows it!!
But I dislike putting "holic" on the end, it implies some sort of problem or
disease that needs fixing. Can't we come up with a better word? Textilist?
Fabrician?
Roberta in D

Old May 17th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

...... AND there is NO such group as Fabriholics Anonymous! I'm a fabriholic
and proud of it! AND there is a positive side to the addiction: We use it to
make ((hugs)) and other fantastic (and much loved) gifts!
ME-Judy

Old May 18th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Good one! Although I don't think there's enough yet in this particular
museum that I could sell tickets. Need more fabric!
Roberta in D, not even close to winning the stash contest

Doctors and facts No Name Yarn 5 March 12th 07 05:03 PM
Off Topic: Chuck Norris Facts [email protected] Glass 5 October 20th 06 07:10 AM
O.T. Bare Facts For Gillian Fred Needlework 8 June 19th 05 11:33 PM
OT but one of the most interesting animal facts... Kalera Stratton Beads 2 March 31st 05 06:06 PM
RIVETING POPCORN FACTS Kalera Stratton Beads 0 August 5th 04 04:57 PM