Co-op buy on Silk Kimono?

Old February 10th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Co-op buy on Silk Kimono?

Hey again. This has dropped off, so I'm bringing the offer back for those
who missed it and may be interested.

Yokodana sells 'vintage' (i.e. used) silk kimono by the pound, $10.50/lb
minimum 10lbs ($105). I have two others interested in a coop buy; if you
are interested in participating, please email me offlist and I will add your
name. Thanks! lpskeen AT earthlink DOT net

--
L. P. Skeen, Summerfield NC
Organized people are just too dang lazy to look for things.

Old February 10th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Lisa, About how much fabric is in a pound? Another question, is this
fabric something that can be washed? Put me down as a positive maybe. :-)
Linda in Tx

Old February 10th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sorry Linda, I can't answer that, as I have never bought from this company
before. It's silk; I personally will be washing mine. YMMV.

That said, I recently got the following sizes from Kim Katz: 23 x 9", 30 x
13", 56 x 10, 14 x 42, 40x13, and 56 x 14. Two of the pieces are heavier
than the others due to embroidery. The sum total of weight for all these is
8.1 OUNCES.

HTH

Old February 10th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OK Lisa, Put me down for some of this wonderful silk. A silk "crazy quilt"
pillow is just crying out for my guest bed.

Linda in Tx

Old February 10th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Okeydokey!

Old February 10th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

There is a B&B in a nearby town owned by a rabid quilter. One of the rooms
is a dragon theme, and the bed has a silk quilt on the bed. I don't think
she made the quilt, but it is a gorgeous piece nonetheless. I have
something similar in mind.

Old February 12th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

you got my previous message indicating interest, yes

lisa skeen wrote:

There is a B&B in a nearby town owned by a rabid quilter. One of the rooms
is a dragon theme, and the bed has a silk quilt on the bed. I don't think
she made the quilt, but it is a gorgeous piece nonetheless. I have
something similar in mind.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old February 12th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes I did, and you should have gotten an email from me two days ago asking
for your address and confirmation of interest. Did you get it? I"m going
to look and see if you responded.