Silk kimono panels rec'd

Old February 9th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Silk kimono panels rec'd

Hey y'all. I got my kimono panels in the mail yesterday and they are really
beautiful. She also sent some bonus pieces as well! I can't remember
the name of the place, but it was one of the two sites that were listed here
last week.

The other site sells by the pound, minimum purchase $100.00. Is anybody
interested in a co-op buy of a sack o' silk? LMK and I will host the buy.

--
L. P. Skeen, Summerfield NC
Organized people are just too dang lazy to look for things.

Old February 9th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The place I got them from is Kim Katz. The place that sells by the pound
(10lbs minimum, at $10.50/lb) is Yokodana. Again, I would like to do a coop
buy on some of these; if anybody else is interested, I will coordinate.
Thanks!

k.net...

Old February 9th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I would be happy to send you a check for up to $20 worth of silk plus
postage to send the fabrics on to me. Let me know how many are
interested. I have purchased silks at large quilt shows and loved
using them in wallhanging. Your purchase would be like a "brown bag
sale" since we wouldn't know what we were receiving. Guess this is my
form of gambling.

Susan

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 06:23:03 GMT, "lisa skeen"
wrote:

The place I got them from is Kim Katz. The place that sells by the pound
(10lbs minimum, at $10.50/lb) is Yokodana. Again, I would like to do a coop
buy on some of these; if anybody else is interested, I will coordinate.
Thanks!

nk.net...

Old February 9th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Put me down for $21.00 + postage, also. this would be perfect in my Oriental
GuestRoom: ) DH is so Gung Ho on this theme that he has bought me 2 Saki
Dolls. Have teh drpes made and have a covered lampshade so far.
Out of curiosity about how much 'yardage' do you get in a bag? Wondering how
much you would get for $20.00

Butterfly

wrote:

The place I got them from is Kim Katz. The place that sells by the pound
(10lbs minimum, at $10.50/lb) is Yokodana. Again, I would like to do a
coop
buy on some of these; if anybody else is interested, I will coordinate.
Thanks!

ink.net...

Old February 9th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Lisa,
Glad that Kim Katz worked out for you. I've always been happy with their
service and quality. You may want to check to see if the other site gives
all silk for your $100.00. I've participated in a group kimono buy in the
past, and IIRC, not everything was silk ( I cold be wrong, I was not the
organizer). You also have to remember that you will be given a few fancier
kimono, and many will be very plain. They will not be perfect. Just wanted
you to be aware so you aren't disappointed. Participants should also
remember that it is *a lot* of work for the hostest to take the kimono
apart.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

k.net...

Old February 10th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I wouldn't mind doing the same... new challenge, silk!

Susan Laity Price wrote:

I would be happy to send you a check for up to $20 worth of silk plus
postage to send the fabrics on to me. Let me know how many are
interested. I have purchased silks at large quilt shows and loved
using them in wallhanging. Your purchase would be like a "brown bag
sale" since we wouldn't know what we were receiving. Guess this is my
form of gambling.

Susan

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Old February 10th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Lisa

I would love some, but not right now. Please post if you ever do this again
in future.
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
ink.net...
The place I got them from is Kim Katz. The place that sells by the pound
(10lbs minimum, at $10.50/lb) is Yokodana. Again, I would like to do a
coop buy on some of these; if anybody else is interested, I will
coordinate. Thanks!

k.net...

Old February 10th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Please add me to the list for $10.00 worth, if that's possible.

joan

Old February 12th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oh, ok, you saw it... Ill be gone for three weeks, but I am interested...

lisa skeen wrote:

ok, will add you to the list.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Silk thread john howison Needlework 5 December 22nd 05 07:34 AM
Embroidering on Silk Gauze & Museum Inspirations [email protected] Needlework 26 September 18th 05 02:50 PM
Surface Embroidery Kits - Designs Influenced by Wm Morris sewingsusan Needlework 12 June 17th 04 07:05 AM
Holy Carp! Kimono Madness! Beadbimbo Beads 7 January 5th 04 11:21 PM