Alternatives to Rio Grande?

Old September 1st 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Bright Shiny Objects Fascinate Me

Default Alternatives to Rio Grande?

I am currently a customer of Rio Grande, but I am wondering if there
are other suppliers I can look to or compare RG to.

Any and all suggestions or comments would be great.

Thanks,
-Sparkle-

Old September 1st 06, 10:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 01:51:44 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Bright Shiny Objects
Fascinate Me" wrote:

I am currently a customer of Rio Grande, but I am wondering if there
are other suppliers I can look to or compare RG to.

Any and all suggestions or comments would be great.

Thanks,
-Sparkle-

Rio is certainly one of the largest in scope. of the jewelry supply firms, but
certainly not the only one, or always the best. Often, it depends on what
you're looking for. as some firms are a bit more specialized than Rio...

Here's a few names of suppliers I use most often, in no particular order

Stuller (www.stuller.com)
Contenti (www.contenti.com)
Gesswein (www.gesswein.com)
Otto Frei (http://www.ottofrei.com/)
I. Shor (www.ishor.com)
Progress Tool (www.progresstool.com)
Allcraft (http://allcraftonline.com/)

And there are many more, especially smaller firms that specialize in one
particular area, such as enamelling supplies, or lapidary, etc. And then there
are the european firms, like Karl Fischer in Germany, etc...

Peter