this is bizarre!!! yes it is on topic

Old December 17th 05, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default this is bizarre!!! yes it is on topic

Calling it "bizarre" because they choose to honor their religion is a bit
harsh. There are other businesses who chose to do this, one of which is a
rather prominant fast-food chain here in the States - Chik-Fil-A. Choosing
to put their Almighty God above the almighty dollar is not bizarre, just a
way of practicing their religion.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
http://www.wilmakarels.nl/sitemap.html

could some of you who are now in saturday and others in sunday load some of
the pages on this site and tell us what you get?
i think this is bizarre to say the least.
a revenue loss sadly as well.
cheers
jeanne
where its sunday, 11am, as i type this
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old December 17th 05, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

its not as if they have to do anything with the site on the day.
they could let it take orders and process them on monday or whenever, then
give the money to the church. seems a reasonable solution to me.
what irks me is they have somehow managed to override my browser stop
button.
how does that work i wonder. hmmmm. something to study.
with the world having 24 time zones (not counting daylight time adding an hr
to some of them), its only sunday all round the world for one second.
the church exists from donations of the almighty dollar.
seems bizarre to me.
bizarre in my dictionary means odd or unusual, fwiw and this is unusual.
oh well.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://community.webshots.com/user/VirtualQuilting
"WOK- the ancient art"

"frood" wrote...

Old December 17th 05, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wendy, you're absolutely correct! I forgot about them but they are closed
on Sunday. It wasn't that long ago that we had what were called "blue laws"
which prohibited doing certain types of business on Sunday.

http://www.snopes.com/language/colors/bluelaws.htm

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"frood" wrote in message
: Calling it "bizarre" because they choose to honor their religion is a bit
: harsh. There are other businesses who chose to do this, one of which is a
: rather prominant fast-food chain here in the States - Chik-Fil-A. Choosing
: to put their Almighty God above the almighty dollar is not bizarre, just a
: way of practicing their religion.
:
: --
: Wendy
: http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm
: un-STUFF email address to reply
:
:
:
:
: ...

Old December 17th 05, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OK, I got it now.

Yeah, it is a little bizarre to close down the website, even if you don't
plan to do any business until Monday. I doubt that most of the mom and pop
internet businesses necessarily DO their business on Sunday, but most of
them don't announce it. They just wait till Monday to fill the orders or
answer the questions.

That's fine. If I'm shopping on Sunday, they won't be there for me to spend
my dollars. There are plenty of other sites to choose from.

Hobby Lobby is a retailer who chooses to be closed on Sunday. Their choice,
of course. They can't force me to quit shopping on Sunday though. And I'm
sure the teenagers who are employed by Hobby Lobby enjoy the day off so they
can attend worship services and spend time with their families.

But since Michaels opened in this area, it is less a matter of
consideration. They are glad to take my money any day of the week.

Cindy

Old December 17th 05, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm confused..it looks like a normal wesbite...in another language, but has
a normal look about it.

What is supposed to be so bizarre about it?

Old December 17th 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's going by the date on your computer. Set your computer clock to either
Saturday or Monday and the pages will open fine. I set mine to Sunday and
got thet second page you posted, whereas before that they all opened fine.

Old December 17th 05, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Putting beliefs first (was this is bizarre!!! yes it is on topic)

"frood" wrote in message
Choosing to put their Almighty God above the almighty dollar is not
bizarre, just a way of practicing their religion.

Given how few people really do put their beliefs first, even when it's
inconvenient (and I'm not just talking about religious beliefs here, but
also ethical ones), it does make you sit up and take notice when you see it.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old December 17th 05, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In this day and age, yes, it is odd to see people deliberately chose to
display their faith so boldly, however, bringing it here as a topic of
discussion and repeating your disbelief in their willingness to lose the
day's potential earnings is opposite of the "live and let live" attitude
you seem to want Christians to take towards you. Since their choice
doesnt negatively effect your life I find it odd you need to comment on
it. To quote your own words from the Paul Harvey thread "just live a
good life by your own standards and hope it works out for the best
whatever the best may be."
sdcjjkmnhjkfrikdekooofofk and thats all Meg has to say on the subject
too.
Diana

Old December 17th 05, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

yes i did just that, changed the date here to wednesday.
all pages open fine now.
i did not allow any cookies to be put on my puter by them.
i did not allow any access to any info on my puter either.
the sunday page is not showing on my history either.
i just switched back to todays (sunday) date and refreshed the sunday page
and it still doesnt show in my history.
their program is reading the date on my computer not the time zone of my
isp.
this somehow feels a bit like a trojan horse.
oh yea, it is also overriding my 'stop' button and loading the page then
immediately reloads the sunday page on most of the pages, a few stopped tho.
what else are they accessing on my computer without permission?
is this all legal? ethical? moral?
i dont care if they shut down on sunday.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://community.webshots.com/user/VirtualQuilting
"WOK- the ancient art"

"Heather Michna" wrote...
It's going by the date on your computer. Set your computer clock to
either Saturday or Monday and the pages will open fine. I set mine to
Sunday and got thet second page you posted, whereas before that they all
opened fine.

Posting ON Topic threads Tia Mary Quilting 0 October 22nd 05 08:44 PM
Not entirely off topic Louise Quilting 5 May 30th 04 02:07 PM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM
Good Idea? (on topic ramblings) Karlee in Kansas Quilting 4 December 11th 03 08:44 AM
Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 September 9th 03 01:30 AM