Poll -- What's on YOUR list?

Old May 5th 05, 08:40 PM
Patti

Trying to keep my dreams within limits, because of those 'things to
finish'.
Finishing the Dear Jane is still a dream, though; plus:
a village/town quilt
a Lone Star
a Blooming Nine-patch in miniature
..
In message , the black rose
writes
I've been mulling over all the quilts I want to make some day and was
wondering what (probably time-consuming) classic quilts everybody else
has on their "I want to do that some day" list.

My list:

tumbling blocks quilt
thousand pyramids quilt
millenium quilt/charm quilt
Bethlehem Star quilt
grandmother's flower garden/hexagon quilt
trip around the world quilt
Baltimore Album quilt

There are probably more that I'm not remembering right now.

What's on YOUR list?

:-D

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 5th 05, 08:49 PM
frood

I'm like you, Sandy. There are some types of quilts I'd like to try,
someday, but they change often! As soon as technique or style or color combo
strikes my fancy, I say, oh! I want to do that! If I actually started all
these... well, I'd rival Susan's 100!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
the black rose wrote:

I've been mulling over all the quilts I want to make some day and was
wondering what (probably time-consuming) classic quilts everybody else
has on their "I want to do that some day" list.

My list:

tumbling blocks quilt
thousand pyramids quilt
millenium quilt/charm quilt
Bethlehem Star quilt
grandmother's flower garden/hexagon quilt
trip around the world quilt
Baltimore Album quilt

There are probably more that I'm not remembering right now.

What's on YOUR list?

:-D

My list changes so often that I've stopped keeping it. g I just work
on what interests me at the moment and then trust that something else
(or several somethings!) will occur to me after that. LOL!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old May 5th 05, 09:10 PM
the black rose

Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:
OK, time to go home - when I saw this post, I thought: "Wow, someone
else has the same list as me!". Gees.

*snorfle*

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old May 5th 05, 09:38 PM
teleflora

"the black rose" wrote in message
I've been mulling over all the quilts I want to make some day and was
wondering what (probably time-consuming) classic quilts everybody else has
on their "I want to do that some day" list.

My list:

tumbling blocks quilt
thousand pyramids quilt
millenium quilt/charm quilt
Bethlehem Star quilt
grandmother's flower garden/hexagon quilt
trip around the world quilt
Baltimore Album quilt

There are probably more that I'm not remembering right now.

What's on YOUR list?

There are a lot that I would love to do, but the only one I have in my head
that I have promised myself to do would be a Dear Jane Quilt. There are so
many different blocks in that quilt that I would feel like I had made so
many different quilts by the time I was done. The problem is, I don't even
know how to start.

Cindy

Old May 5th 05, 10:08 PM
georg

teleflora wrote:

There are a lot that I would love to do, but the only one I have in my head
that I have promised myself to do would be a Dear Jane Quilt. There are so
many different blocks in that quilt that I would feel like I had made so
many different quilts by the time I was done. The problem is, I don't even
know how to start.

One way is the BOM through Stitching Heaven- they pick the fabric for
you and send instructions, and you can do it in order.

Or go get the software, and I think there's advise with that for easy
blocks compared to hard blocks, and you can hop around that way.

Some LQS host a DJ group. There is also a DJ mailing list. They'll offer
encouragement too.

Just pick a block and start works too.

-georg
(doing the DJ BOM 04)
Old May 5th 05, 10:28 PM
Pat in Virginia

And she has the same name as you too, Hanne!!
LOL in VA, PAT

Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:

OK, time to go home - when I saw this post, I thought: "Wow, someone
else has the same list as me!". Gees.

Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:

Mine (in no particular order, and not all classic??):

red/blue/white log cabin
golden double wedding ring (bright, with blue stars and black bkground)
purple/white Dear Jane
cats flannel rag quilt
Simple Sue mini to go with my inhereted very old bears

Old May 5th 05, 11:06 PM
teleflora

"georg" wrote in message
teleflora wrote:

There are a lot that I would love to do, but the only one I have in my
head that I have promised myself to do would be a Dear Jane Quilt. There
are so many different blocks in that quilt that I would feel like I had
made so many different quilts by the time I was done. The problem is, I
don't even know how to start.

One way is the BOM through Stitching Heaven- they pick the fabric for you
and send instructions, and you can do it in order.

Or go get the software, and I think there's advise with that for easy
blocks compared to hard blocks, and you can hop around that way.

Some LQS host a DJ group. There is also a DJ mailing list. They'll offer
encouragement too.

Just pick a block and start works too.

-georg
(doing the DJ BOM 04)

That's good to know, georg. I really like the Stitching Heaven BOM idea. I
don't trust myself to pick out that much fabric for something so big. I will
check it out.

Cindy

Old May 6th 05, 12:00 AM
Louise

Hmmm, good question. Right now the only classic quilt I have in mind is a
double wedding ring, and I've already started it (using repros). Other than
that, well, I'm open to any possibility. Years ago I started keeping a
scrapbook with examples of quilts I wanted to make someday. But when I went
back to look through that book, I found that my tastes have changed, and I
wasn't nearly as crazy about those choices as I once was!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old May 6th 05, 01:29 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Mine would be a Baltimore Album quilt..... bed sized would be nice but
I'd even settle for one of those mind-bogglingly, extremely tiny minis.

Leslie (knowing it'll *never* happen!) and The Furbabies in MO.
(wondering..... is mind-bogglingly a word???)

Old May 6th 05, 02:16 AM
pajaritaflora

the black rose wrote:
[...]

Hmm good question.
I want to do paper piecing with freezer paper.
I want to do some chording and manipulation of fabric for quilt tops
A Mariner's compass
.....to start!