Your Prefs

Old June 1st 04, 03:48 PM
Dr. Quilter

same here. I get bored if I do exactly what the pattern calls for. I do
not understand it when I read about some quilter obsessed because she
cannot find the exact fabric used in the quilt displayed in a
magazine/kit/shop sample - as if there was only one way of doing the
quilt, only one perfect choice of fabric and colour!

~KK~ in B.C. wrote:

Everything I sew/craft is an original in it's own way whether or not the
idea came from a pattern. I look at things, or read a pattern, and then off
I go in my own direction to do what I can or want to do with the ideas that
seep into my head. What fun would it be if everyone only followed directions
to the tee and made all the exact same stuff anyway? I prefer to be creative
in my thinking even if the original ideas came from something already made
or patterenedsp?

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens