Supplies for surface embroidery

Old July 19th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Default Supplies for surface embroidery

A nice Internet shop closed (Jenny June Fancywork). She will be sorely
missed for her untiring efforts to get supplies, high-quality kits, and
books for those interested in surface embroidery.

I've had some inquiries and I know of two locations (Berlin Embroidery
and Lacis), but they certainly don't have a wide variety. Lacis in
particular. Berlin Emb. is not in the U.S., either.

Does anyone have a clue where those of us interested in this genre might
go? I'd like to add some links. I know that there are individual
Brazilian embroidery stores, Vetty Creations sells Hardanger and
Mountmellick (but still not located in U.S.).

Dianne
Old July 20th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
A nice Internet shop closed (Jenny June Fancywork). She will be sorely
missed for her untiring efforts to get supplies, high-quality kits, and
books for those interested in surface embroidery.

I've had some inquiries and I know of two locations (Berlin Embroidery and
Lacis), but they certainly don't have a wide variety. Lacis in
particular. Berlin Emb. is not in the U.S., either.

Does anyone have a clue where those of us interested in this genre might
go? I'd like to add some links. I know that there are individual
Brazilian embroidery stores, Vetty Creations sells Hardanger and
Mountmellick (but still not located in U.S.).

Dianne

I'm so sorry to see them closing. They did have some really nice things and
I took advantage of the sale and ordered a Meissen Blue Onion Crewel kit.

The only other place I can think of is one I had in my favorites called
http://www.ericas.com/embroidery/ . I have no idea what, if anything, they
have now because I haven't visited the site for a long time, but you might
want to check them out.

Lucille

Old July 20th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Does anyone have a clue where those of us interested in this genre might
go? I'd like to add some links. I know that there are individual
Brazilian embroidery stores, Vetty Creations sells Hardanger and
Mountmellick (but still not located in U.S.).

Threadneedle Street has things like Floche and Broder as well as
non-even weave linens (Belgian, shadow, Schwalm).

http://www.threadneedlestreet.com/

Needle in a Haystack has doctor's flannel and Australian Blanketing.

http://www.needlestack.com/fabric.html

Both places are probably even more useful than that if one knows what
one is looking for. And I know that Denise at Threadneedle has often
been able to get me things that she doesn't have listed on the site.

Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old July 20th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Phylis Maurer

I was sorry also that Jenny June closed. It was at the top of my list of
recommendations for high-quality, knowledgeable help (and supplies.)

I've been able to get some Schwalm materials and books from
www.threadneedlestreet.com, also some unusual linen threads from
www.lacemaker.com
After I've checked the sites I've bookmarked, I might be able to add a few
more - but don't hold your breath. Unfortunately, we're losing too many
needlework shops (local and specialty as well.)

Phyllis Maurer

Old July 20th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

Thanks to all who responded. I've checked them out and will update my
links page, as well, post a message in my forum. You've all been great.

Dianne
Old July 20th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
The Lady Gardener

http://www.janenicholas.com

Can;t find better than this one for stumpwork

Old July 21st 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MelissaD

"The Lady Gardener" wrote in message
http://www.janenicholas.com

Can;t find better than this one for stumpwork

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
A nice Internet shop closed (Jenny June Fancywork). She will be sorely
missed for her untiring efforts to get supplies, high-quality kits, and
books for those interested in surface embroidery.

I've had some inquiries and I know of two locations (Berlin Embroidery
and Lacis), but they certainly don't have a wide variety. Lacis in
particular. Berlin Emb. is not in the U.S., either.

Does anyone have a clue where those of us interested in this genre might
go? I'd like to add some links. I know that there are individual
Brazilian embroidery stores, Vetty Creations sells Hardanger and
Mountmellick (but still not located in U.S.).

Dianne

Jane is awesome!

I was lucky enough to take a 2-day workshop from her quite a few years ago
when she was in the US for EGA Seminar in California. Her work is even more
amazing in person and she was quite fun and informative. Would love to take
another class if I ever got the chance! And yes, I have her first 4 books -
one is even autographed

MelissaD