who do I report abuse to

Old April 23rd 05, 12:01 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Default who do I report abuse to

on this NG? I have received a really threatening and vulgar email from
someone and need to report it. I have already reported it to my local law
enforcement folks and I need to make certain it is reported to powers that
be. It's really filthy so I won't post it here and is represented to be
from the husband of one of our members here. It may be a troll so I don't
want to encourage any more unwanted contact. I just need an email addy to

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old April 23rd 05, 12:08 PM
Sharon Harper

is where you want to send it to Snigs. But don't expect
a very appreciative response. We are all receiving these. Supposedly
(according to databasix) it's from someone in Germany.

quicker)

Old April 23rd 05, 12:14 PM
AliceW

That's terrible! If you can determine if the email is valid by viewing the
header, you can usually send an abuse notice to the internet service
provider by sending it to abuse@. If you go to the home page of the service
provider, they usually post the appropriate email address or other way to
report abuse.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
: on this NG? I have received a really threatening and vulgar email from
: someone and need to report it. I have already reported it to my local law
: enforcement folks and I need to make certain it is reported to powers that
: be. It's really filthy so I won't post it here and is represented to be
: from the husband of one of our members here. It may be a troll so I don't
: want to encourage any more unwanted contact. I just need an email addy to
:
: --
: http://community.webshots.com/user/snigdibbly
: SNIGDIBBLY
: ~e~
: "
: / \
: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/snigdibbly.
: http://www.ebaystores.com/snigdibbly...ox&refid=store
:
:

Old April 23rd 05, 12:15 PM
Dee in Oz

Sharon has allready reported it, see the thread marked OT more than
likely spam ( I think). You're not the first to get it.

Dee in Oz

Old April 23rd 05, 12:23 PM
AliceW

I just checked the header (I looked to see if I had received one, and I did,
but it was sent directly to my trash folder) and it is indeed originating
from someone in Germany. Set your spam filter to catch it if you can.

--

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
: is where you want to send it to Snigs. But don't
expect
: a very appreciative response. We are all receiving these. Supposedly
: (according to databasix) it's from someone in Germany.
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
:
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
:

Old April 23rd 05, 12:30 PM
Kris Bishop

Hi All,
I also just received this same message overnight. As you all know
, I have never joined in on any of the discussions about anyone. I'd
hate to give up the quilting newsgroup to get rid of someone like this.
I've been on this newsgroup since 1997 & have never posted anything
bad about anyone, publicly or privately. I can't even remember joining
in on many off-topic discussions. Is there a place we can report this
to? I've never had to use my spam filters in the past. I guess I'll
have to learn.

Kris

Old April 23rd 05, 12:52 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

i use outlook express so don't know how you do it on your system. I just
got to messages and opt for the "block sender" and that takes care of him
and any future emails from the same address. Unfortunately, trolls just
dream up a new email addy and continue their sociopathic little games.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old April 23rd 05, 01:36 PM
Carolyn McCarty

It appears to be a blanket mailing from some one without a real life.
Looking through the properties, it looked to me like it may have come from
Denmark or (as someone else suggested) Germany. Anyway, wherever it came
from, it's a new form of trolling combined with spam. I shiver to think
what else might be hiding under Internet rocks. At least we all know it
wasn't intended to be a personal attack--he or she hates everybody.
--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green