Meeting with Noreen & Don Today

Old May 30th 04, 04:15 AM
Carol in TN

Default Meeting with Noreen & Don Today

I was able to meet face to face with Noreen and Don today. They are as
wonderful in person as you know them here. We talked, shared, laughed for a
short while. I was able to see Noreen's beautiful work up close. Our time
together ended because I was starving and needed to get something to eat.
LOL

Thank you Noreen for being you. And prayers will continue for you, Don and
the rest of your family.

Carol in TN

Old May 30th 04, 08:34 AM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

How exciting Carol, How were they both? And what was Noreen selling? AS
they say: enquiring minds NEED to know!!
--
Love
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

.. .

Old May 30th 04, 08:40 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Carol how lovely for you to have met Noreen and Don - seems to have brought
them even closer to our group God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

.. .

Old May 30th 04, 01:26 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 29 May 2004 22:15:51 -0500, Carol in TN wrote:

I was able to meet face to face with Noreen and Don today. They are as
wonderful in person as you know them here. We talked, shared, laughed for a
short while. I was able to see Noreen's beautiful work up close. Our time
together ended because I was starving and needed to get something to eat.
LOL

Thank you Noreen for being you. And prayers will continue for you, Don and
the rest of your family.

Carol in TN

Group,
It was absolutely WONDERFUL to meet Carol, and her friend Bill! Carol and
I hugged like "old friends", and we really DID chat and laugh... and, as
Carol said, she was 'starving', which cut our visit short. Had Don and I
not already eaten just moments before their arrival, we might've joined
them for lunch!
Carol is SO sweet, and I was absolutely THRILLED to meet her! I really
felt comfortable, right from the onset!
Here's another little 'neat' "aside".... obviously, Carol and I have this
group and our love of knitting and crocheting "in common"... and... how do
I say this... sometimes guys could feel left out? NOT SO! Don and Bill
hit it off just like THEY'VE been 'old friends' too.
It was fantastic to meet them!
Carol,
hugs back, and thank you so much for making the trip, and for the continued
prayers!!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us/
http://noreensknitche.ceejaycee.net
Old May 30th 04, 01:52 PM
Carol in TN

wrote in message
How exciting Carol, How were they both? And what was Noreen selling? AS
they say: enquiring minds NEED to know!!
--
Love
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Noreen and Don were both in good spirits. We talked of Don's upcoming
treatments and his comment was "Bring it on!". Must admit that Noreen seems
more worried.
She had some beautiful shawls, baby blankets, mobius(es), and of course the
famous slipper socks. Everything was perfect. Oh, I think I saw a poncho
too but not sure if that was hers.
Problem was that it is hot here (85 degrees) and no one seemed to be looking
for knits.
Carol in TN

Old May 30th 04, 04:38 PM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

WE could do with the woollies here Carol, overcast chilly with intermittent
heavy showers. Brrr. And we've got our village Fete tomorrow, planned fro a
year, worked at for 6 months, and hopefully raising lots of dosh for local
good causes. If it's too rainy it really won't be good.
--
Love
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

.. .

Old May 30th 04, 07:53 PM
Katherine

Carol in TN wrote:
I was able to meet face to face with Noreen and Don today. They are
as wonderful in person as you know them here. We talked, shared,
laughed for a short while. I was able to see Noreen's beautiful work
up close. Our time together ended because I was starving and needed
to get something to eat. LOL

Thank you Noreen for being you. And prayers will continue for you,
Don and the rest of your family.

That is so nice! I think that it is great when members of the group get to
meet each other.
Katherine

Old May 30th 04, 07:54 PM
Katherine

Janise Ross wrote:
How wonderful for all of you. Aren't we all jealous?

Just a little. g
Katherine

Old May 30th 04, 09:59 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Carol,

What a lovely thrill for you and Noreen to get to meet each other. I'm jealous
as I've only talked to her on the phone, yes, talked to Don first, LOL. They
are as you said a lovely couple and will be getting my and my DH's prayers
every day.

Hugs,

Nora