Too much quilting?

Old June 24th 04, 10:19 PM
Janner

Default Too much quilting?

I have too much quilting to do at the moment!!!! I am here decorating,
studying French and oh yeah, we have a quilt exhibition in about 5 weeks -
for which I have 2 wallhangings & 2 quilts to enter. 1 wall hanging almost
finished, 1 wall hanging not yet started! 1 quilt top finished, needs
tacking and then quilting and 1 quilt top to finish with DD (her 1st proper
quilt & exhibition), and hopefully quilt this as well!

I need a 48 hour day and a14 day week, to get me through all this )))

Does anyone else ever take on too much? Oh yes, school want me to help out
with a fundraiser as well.......

Better go and carry on...

Byeeeeee and oh yes, this is why I haven't popped in lately )
--
Janner

"Quite often lately I have the feeling I don't know what's going on..." ---
Snoopy!

"You have to have a Dream!"

---

Old June 25th 04, 10:41 AM
Kate Dicey

Janner wrote:

I have too much quilting to do at the moment!!!! I am here decorating,
studying French and oh yeah, we have a quilt exhibition in about 5 weeks -
for which I have 2 wallhangings & 2 quilts to enter. 1 wall hanging almost
finished, 1 wall hanging not yet started! 1 quilt top finished, needs
tacking and then quilting and 1 quilt top to finish with DD (her 1st proper
quilt & exhibition), and hopefully quilt this as well!

I need a 48 hour day and a14 day week, to get me through all this )))

Does anyone else ever take on too much? Oh yes, school want me to help out
with a fundraiser as well.......

Better go and carry on...

Byeeeeee and oh yes, this is why I haven't popped in lately )

Try Mrs Power Suit, Mrs Trousers, a bride, 16 bridesmaids, and a new Mrs
Posh Frock for Wedding With Royalty At It! All by the middle of August!

Quilting? Haven't touched mine this month except to move it out the way
and re-pack the tumbled-all-over-the-sewing-room-floor boxes!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old June 25th 04, 12:32 PM
Queen of Squishies

Does anyone else ever take on too much, she says. Ha! I'd like a show of
hands please, of anyone on this group who does NOT take on too much! LOL
Every quilter I know is overworked and way underpaid.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old June 25th 04, 01:04 PM
Kris

Janner,
Oh yes, I often take on too much. ...but, I think I must work best
under pressure. I belong to six local faiber groups -- three local
quilt guilds, one art quilt group, a Thursday Morning Crafts group that I
started in 1990 & Nellys Needlers of Woodlawn Plantation ( near Mt.
Vernon,VA). I do different styles for each of these groups.
Our northern Virgnia art quilt group
http://www.quiltaholic.com/quiltartists/

is having an exhibit at the BlackRock Center for the Arts at this time &
we just were curated into the Glenview Manor in Rockville, MD. I have piece
hanging in each of these exhibits. Our group has also been accepted for
three other gallery exhibits in 2004-2005. I definitely need to get some
new work/pieces finished to put in these exhibits. We also have a few
challenges going throughout the group. You can see on the web site where
all the exhibit locations are.

I'm also exchanging blocks in our Thursday morning craft group, handing
out muslin squares & crazy quilt fabrics to the members of Nellys Needlers
for our next raffle quilt, and am also on the QuiltArt chat list & am
involved in about six of the challenges and exchanges there. You can see on
the following web site of quiltart, some of the challenges that I've done.
I am singed up for a lot of the other challenges.

http://www.quiltart.com/

As soon as I get off the computer this morning, it's off to the sewing
room to get some work finished. I'm doing a Fiber Trading Cards swap and
"Altered Playing Card" swap, the "pink challenge", etc....
Yesterday, I went into the city ( Washington DC ) and visited the
new World War II Memorial. I took a lot of digital photos ( and also have
a lot of the photos left on their from a trip to a botonical garden, where
our art quilt group met and either sketched or took photos of possible
things to use as designs in our quilts. I have to do a piece, that I took
a digital photo of at the Green Springs Garden Park in northern Virginia.
I can't wait to plan this quilt. I love designing floral quilts.
I'll keep you all posted.

Kris ( in hot and humid northern Virginia & loving it )

Old June 25th 04, 03:07 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I did the program for our quilt show a couple of years. Many years women
would enter quilts that weren't done yet and work like mad to make it.
That's a lot of stress. You are still 5 weeks out. Why not just tell them
you are entering fewer and spend the time working on those quilts without
stress?

Been there, done that.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old June 25th 04, 03:33 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Kris, can't wait to see how the crazy quilt comes out! Make sure you share
pics with me when you get some.

I haven't done ANYTHING quilty since September when I split with my x. Not
that I was depressed, just extremely busy/stressed since then with finding,
then starting a new job and moving. Things are settling down now, but I
can't seem to jumpstart back into my quilting mood. Maybe seeing everyone's
stuff will help.

Old June 25th 04, 04:05 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message

Not
that I was depressed, just extremely busy/stressed since then with

finding,
then starting a new job and moving.

LN, *where* were your priorities? If it's a choice between quilting, finding
employment, and putting a roof over our heads, well I think we ALL know what
the correct choice is! ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old June 25th 04, 06:50 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I know... quilting! Cuz then I'd have a quilt tent at least! LOL

So, if any of you have any quilts lying around, you know where to send them.

--
LN in NH where it can even get chilly in the summer (snail avail upon
request)

. com...

Old June 25th 04, 08:05 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
I know... quilting! Cuz then I'd have a quilt tent at least! LOL

So, if any of you have any quilts lying around, you know where to send

them.

That's my girl! I was worried about you there for a minute.

Old June 25th 04, 08:55 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Hey, I've not been on much and when I have, I saw some newbies didn't know
who I was. Arrrggg! People I hadn't begged from yet! What have I been
thinking!?

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

news