A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Craft related newsgroups » General Crafting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Toy Chest Pics

Old August 21st 11, 10:49 PM

First recorded activity by CraftBanter: Aug 2011
Default Toy Chest Pics

I have attached a file of my favorite kind of toy chest. I would like to see other craftsman's toy chest pictures if there are any. I am interested to hear what you guys think and if you would purchase something like this for your children or grandchildren.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toychest2.png
Views:	1176
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	107  
Ads
Old October 27th 11, 08:42 AM

First recorded activity by CraftBanter: Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWITileGuy View Post
I have attached a file of my favorite kind of toy chest. I would like to see other craftsman's toy chest pictures if there are any. I am interested to hear what you guys think and if you would purchase something like this for your children or grandchildren.
I would like to build a toy chest for my son's room. i am looking to build something probably 3x2. I want a simple, but nice looking chest. Basic tilt up lid, and possibly have feet.

i am basically looking for basic ideas and design cues. i will be staining when finished, so I will be using a stain quality wood. for cost, i doubt it will be solid or furniture grade wood, so i will need ideas for finishing the edges to hide the layers. Suggestions on wood would be nice...birch, oak, maple, etc.
Old October 28th 11, 09:20 PM

First recorded activity by CraftBanter: Oct 2011

I would like to see other craftsman's toy chest pictures if there are any. I am interested to hear what you guys think and if you would purchase something like