Mini-cruise to Tallin

Old July 9th 03, 09:25 AM
Anna MCM

Default Mini-cruise to Tallin

Hi!

We took a last-minute offer and weŽll have a mini honey-moon for our
10th anniversary (it was a month ago, but it doesnŽt matter).
We are leaving for Tallin tomorrow and returning on Saturday. WeŽll have
just some hours for visiting Tallin.
Of course, I hope to have some stash enlargement experience :-)
I know that Tallin and Estonia are know for their knitted garnments, so
I hope to find some lovely yarn.
Has someone been there (Finnish neighbours?)? Any suggestion?

I donŽt know how to accomplish everything I would lke to do there,
visiting the Old Town and the Russian Orthodox Cathedral (same architect
of the Florence one, about which I know almost everything), weŽll see...

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 9th 03, 01:56 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

Ooh, now there's a trip I'd love to take if I were much of a traveler. My
god mother was from Estonia and knitted the loveliest little sweater for my
sister's teddy bear. I was fascinated to watch the scenes from there during
the 2000 new year celebration. My friend Holly found some gorgeous sweaters
there when she went. She bought whole ones even though she's a knitter as
they were so lovely and so affordable for hand knits.

| On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:25:45 +0200, Anna MCM wrote:

Hi!

We took a last-minute offer and weŽll have a mini honey-moon for our
10th anniversary (it was a month ago, but it doesnŽt matter).
We are leaving for Tallin tomorrow and returning on Saturday. WeŽll have
just some hours for visiting Tallin.
Of course, I hope to have some stash enlargement experience :-)
I know that Tallin and Estonia are know for their knitted garnments, so
I hope to find some lovely yarn.
Has someone been there (Finnish neighbours?)? Any suggestion?

I donŽt know how to accomplish everything I would lke to do there,
visiting the Old Town and the Russian Orthodox Cathedral (same architect
of the Florence one, about which I know almost everything), weŽll see...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old July 9th 03, 07:06 PM
Anna MCM

Molvik Family wrote:

When was your 10th? Ours was last month to on 6/6. Congrats on yours, and
have fun on your trip.

Thanks to you and Helen!
Our 10th was on June 20th. It feels like we married yesterday!
Congrats back to you too :-)

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 9th 03, 07:55 PM
Els van Dam

In article , Anna MCM wrote:

Hi!

We took a last-minute offer and weŽll have a mini honey-moon for our
10th anniversary (it was a month ago, but it doesnŽt matter).
We are leaving for Tallin tomorrow and returning on Saturday. WeŽll have
just some hours for visiting Tallin.
Of course, I hope to have some stash enlargement experience :-)
I know that Tallin and Estonia are know for their knitted garnments, so
I hope to find some lovely yarn.
Has someone been there (Finnish neighbours?)? Any suggestion?

I donŽt know how to accomplish everything I would lke to do there,
visiting the Old Town and the Russian Orthodox Cathedral (same architect
of the Florence one, about which I know almost everything), weŽll see...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Anna Maria

Pirjo was there last year when she got sick, remember.....

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 12th 03, 04:06 PM
Anna MCM

"G.Kelly" wrote:

Anna I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute Love and God
Bless Gwen

Hi Gwen ad thanks!

Just returned home.
The cruise was lovely and I enjoyed it very much. The boat, Regina
Baltica, has a wonderful buffet and I ate far too much! But no problems
with food!
The Old Town of Tallin is very lovely and the Medieval walls give a very
special character to it.
We walked and walked until I didnŽt feel my legs anymore!
Along the walls there is a place where one can buy beautiful sweaters.
Since DH forgot to take a sweater with him and the temperature was not
so high, we decided to buy one, in two nuances of grey.
Then I saw a beautiful green one with a zip (I love sweaters with zips)
and, knowing how difficult it is to find sweaters in my size in Sweden,
I bought it as well, at a reasonable price (47 USD, both the sweaters
costed us 87 USD).
I asked of course about a place where I could buy thread. The shop is
very nice with very beautiful yarns and threads, most of them of Italian
export! So I could buy some baby yarn and thin thread at a reasonable
price.
There was a so called Medieval Market in the Old Town Square where they
sold the most lovely linen handcrafts.
Sweaters, jackets, clothes, you name it...
A lady had also linen thread on sell, but it was far too thin or far too
thick for my projects. I hope anyway to return there...
Other things I bought the some Russian books, a wooden cup for hiking
(it has a traditional Finnish name, but I always forget it) and the most
lovely liqueur for coffee (Vana Tallin, if you find it donŽt miss it!).

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 12th 03, 04:29 PM
NoraBalcer

Anna Maria,

Did the store by any chance have a website? It sounds lovely. So glad you had
a nice trip. I also love sweaters with zippers, that is all I ever make for DH
and I.

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 12th 03, 05:09 PM
Anna MCM

NoraBalcer wrote:

Anna Maria,

Did the store by any chance have a website? It sounds lovely. So glad you had
a nice trip. I also love sweaters with zippers, that is all I ever make for DH
and I.

Hi Nora!

I took the visit card of the yarn shop, but no, no website! :-(
About Tallin and Internet: Internet is considered a Human Right by
Estonian Constitution and the town centre is Internet wireless zone! So
letŽs hope for a website...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Any interest in a MINI row robin? Jessamy Quilting 72 February 11th 05 04:09 PM
mini torch local exhaust ventilation [email protected] Jewelry 1 January 31st 05 02:43 AM
McCall's Quilting Cruise JS Quilting 0 September 8th 04 02:58 AM
ideas needed for mini quilt Bob & Kathleen Quilting 2 June 8th 04 03:24 AM