Tink Glassblowing Blog - OT

Old September 14th 04, 07:21 AM
Tinkster

Default Tink Glassblowing Blog - OT

I've tossed up a blog page where I'll be documenting my glassblowing
experience at the Toledo Museum of Art. Here's the spot:
http://blackswampglassworks.blogspot.com/

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old September 15th 04, 05:08 AM
Cheryl

TINK

I am GREEN WITH ENVY

I had a paperweight class a few years ago

and deadly desire to take a glassblowing class...
sigh....
note your instructor graduated from BGSU ... in 1980 ....
there wasn't EVEN A GLASSBLOWNG
class when I went there-- Kent STate had one of course....
some of the great early glassblowers at Cedar Point came out of the Kent
Program....
sob sob -- I wish I lived near a good glassblowing class....
I've always been a glassblowing fanatic - can sit and watch for hours -and
probably DESCRIBE all the techniques - just never did them myself! LOL

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old September 15th 04, 05:14 AM
starlia

Well I'm in the green with envy group. I wish I could take a class locally.
Sigh...

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old September 16th 04, 06:30 AM
Kalera Stratton

Me too. I mean, of course there are tons of places I could learn here,
but until the kids ae older it's not feasible.

When I was a wee lass of 21, my friend Morgan landed a spot as a
glassblower's apprentice. I was so, so envious! Then the darn fool ran
off to Seattle to become an architect. WHY OH WHY was that
apprenticeship wasted on him? (I love Morgan... I just wish it had been
me, instead.)

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay