Decisions, decisions

Old July 18th 05, 04:26 PM
Wooly

Default Decisions, decisions

Ugh. The Icelandic shawl is nearly enough finished (doing "sc, ch3"
across the top edge as a finishing touch, time consuming, blah) that
I've picked up the bag containing the Fishtrap sweater I've been
working on sporadically for the past couple of months. I need to knit
one sleeve, then join the sleeves to the body and knit the yoke, and
it'll be finished.

Of course now I cannot make gauge on any needle, let alone the size
I've been using for the sweater. My choices at this point seem to be:

Knit the sleeve on a different number of stitches and fake something
when the time comes to join the sleeves to the body and make the yoke.

Put the sweater back in time-out until I can match gauge.

Rip the whole thing (!!!) and reknit it non-stop in order to maintain
the same gauge throughout.

Ugh. Ugh. Did I say "ugh"? And let me just say UGH!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 18th 05, 04:45 PM
Carey N.

I vote for putting it back in time-out. Less stress, and then the time
already spent in knitting won't seem wasted (unless you just love the
process so much that it wouldn't bother you later on....)
--
Carey
(just my .02....)

Old July 18th 05, 05:27 PM
Wooly

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:45:23 GMT, "Carey N."
spewed forth :

I vote for putting it back in time-out.

That's where I'm leaning as well. The knitting of the body didn't
take all *that* long, but as it is finished to the underarm with one
sleeve complete I'm reluctant to rip it.

Part of my problem today is that I'm highly unmotivated to do much of
anything. I might card some cotton lint into punis and do a bit of
spinning but I really don't feel like knitting...

+++++++++++++

Old July 18th 05, 07:39 PM

Hi Wooly,

My vote is put it away and the next time your gauge will probably match
all the rest.

Hugs,

Nora

Old July 18th 05, 10:19 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Arghgh.
Put the thing on a time-out. If it back-talks, make it stand in the corner
with gum on it's nose.
And if it back-talks more, wash it's mouth out with soap.
LOL
Noreen

"Wooly" wrote in message
[...]

Decisions, decisions... Sandy Foster Quilting 17 January 7th 05 12:27 AM
Decisions, decisions Cheryl Isaak Needlework 14 January 7th 04 01:56 AM
Decisions, decisions SlinkyToy Yarn 5 December 9th 03 09:58 PM
Self-merchandising pieces was: Decisions, Decisions Sjpolyclay Beads 9 October 15th 03 04:04 PM
Needlework Retreat - Decisions, Decisions... Allison and Chip Orange Needlework 2 August 12th 03 05:04 AM