Quilts For Kids - Finished!

Old February 25th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Default Quilts For Kids - Finished!

I just finished my two Quilts for Kids and you can see them here (I
hope): http://www.flickr.com/photos/10111779@N02/?saved=1

I put these in Flickr instead of Webshots, so you won't have to put up
with the ads!

The one with the puppy fabric was the kit QFK sent me. The Trip Around
The World was made from my stash. I think I'm going to have to replenish
my marbles collection - I used most of it up in this one.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com
Old February 26th 10, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Feb 25, 5:50*pm, Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote:
I just finished my two Quilts for Kids and you can see them here (I
hope):http://www.flickr.com/photos/10111779@N02/?saved=1

I put these in Flickr instead of Webshots, so you won't have to put up
with the ads!

The one with the puppy fabric was the kit QFK sent me. The Trip Around
The World was made from my stash. I think I'm going to have to replenish
my marbles collection - I used most of it up in this one.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa

Those are really nice. Like Polly, you just wayyyy extended the length
of your arms!
You can hug a child from miles away.

Sherry
Old February 26th 10, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Feb 25, 5:50*pm, Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote:
I just finished my two Quilts for Kids and you can see them here (I
hope):http://www.flickr.com/photos/10111779@N02/?saved=1

I put these in Flickr instead of Webshots, so you won't have to put up
with the ads!

The one with the puppy fabric was the kit QFK sent me. The Trip Around
The World was made from my stash. I think I'm going to have to replenish
my marbles collection - I used most of it up in this one.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa

Oh those are darling. I just shipped out my first one yesterday to
them. You did a terrific job with both! One thing I noticed was that
your QFK's fabric had a lot of black in it. Mine did too, black
fabric with race cars on it. When I washed it, thank heavens I threw
in a color catcher as the black ran terribly. Did you notice that
with your fabric also? Donna
Old February 26th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

How precious. Way to go, Louise. I enjoyed seeing your choice for
quilting. Mine will never see that level. Wow! Polly

Old February 26th 10, 07:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Aren't they lovely! Bright and cheerful - just what's needed.

You know I would never have thought that alternating a four patch with a
plain square would make such an effective pattern. Our quilt group is
just discussing fairly simple patterns for our next group quilt and I
will put this forward.
..
In message , Louise in Iowa
writes
I just finished my two Quilts for Kids and you can see them here (I
hope): http://www.flickr.com/photos/10111779@N02/?saved=1

I put these in Flickr instead of Webshots, so you won't have to put up
with the ads!

The one with the puppy fabric was the kit QFK sent me. The Trip Around
The World was made from my stash. I think I'm going to have to
replenish my marbles collection - I used most of it up in this one.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 26th 10, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

Mine was black with bright color cats. Haven't washed yet, working on
the binding.
Anna Belle

Old February 26th 10, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

The black in mine didn't run, nor did the red (which I've had more
problems with in the past!). My biggest problem was that I did the
binding as they asked - brought the back around to the front and
zig-zagged it down. I didn't use cotton thread, and when I tossed it in
the wash, the fabric shrunk, but the thread didn't! What was originally
a nice, flat quit, ended up with somewhat wavy borders!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old February 26th 10, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Thanks, Polly! As for the quilting, I have the advantage of being able
to use rulers when I quilt, and that helps a lot.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old February 26th 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I thought it was a really good choice of pattern for this project - easy
for a beginner who wants to get involved. I wouldn't have thought of
doing it myself, but I think it's a good pattern for the next time I
need a quick turnaround quilt.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Patti wrote:
Aren't they lovely! Bright and cheerful - just what's needed.

You know I would never have thought that alternating a four patch with a
plain square would make such an effective pattern. Our quilt group is
just discussing fairly simple patterns for our next group quilt and I
will put this forward.
.
In message , Louise in Iowa
writes

Old February 26th 10, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

The fabric sounds cool - will you share pics?--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

wrote:

[...]

Quilts for Kids Kits Mickie Swall Quilting 3 January 18th 10 06:15 PM
quilts for kids Taria[_2_] Quilting 12 January 13th 10 05:46 PM
kids' quilts off kilter [email protected] Quilting 14 October 29th 09 09:15 PM
Quilts for Kids - Mickie Swall Quilting 2 May 17th 08 09:09 PM
Best batting for kids' quilts? Johanna Gibson Quilting 16 December 30th 04 07:34 PM