Quilts For Kids - Finished!

Old February 27th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Default Quilts For Kids - Finished!

Gorgeous quilt - whoever takes that home with them is one lucky person!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Anna Belle wrote:
Thanks Louise. Haven't posted the site before. Have been sewing
since the treadle days, so lots of experience and lots of good
teachers & friends who give me good advice.

Here is another quilt you might (will) enjoy. It is the Opportunity
quilt for our show on March 12 & 13 in Melbourne, Fl. Susan & I hope
to have a meet-up if anyone else is interested, let me know. It is a
good show.

http://seasidepiecemakers.com/

Check under quilt shows.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:40:57 -0600, Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote:

I hope you get your transfer system working, because I'd love to see
more of your quilts! I can't believe I hadn't seen your site before. You
do wonderful work!

Old February 28th 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trixie[_2_]

Louise:

Do you remember what size square you used for the Trip Around The World
quilt? I want to make that one for my "second" quilt.

Trixie

"Louise in Iowa" nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote in message
I just finished my two Quilts for Kids and you can see them here (I hope):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10111779@N02/?saved=1

I put these in Flickr instead of Webshots, so you won't have to put up
with the ads!

The one with the puppy fabric was the kit QFK sent me. The Trip Around The
World was made from my stash. I think I'm going to have to replenish my
marbles collection - I used most of it up in this one.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old February 28th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I started with a 2-1/2" square so that it was 2" finished. What colors
are you going to use? I'll be looking forward to seeing it.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old March 1st 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
heidi (was rabbit2b)

Especially love, love the Puppies!

--Heidi

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32113973@N05/

nieland1390@mchsi dot comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa

Old March 1st 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Thanks! I was really happy with the fabric they sent - in fact, I might
even look for that paws fabric myself.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old March 3rd 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Louise:
Delightful! Those quilts will be prized by the children who receive them.
I like the unique quilting you used in TATW ... clever girl!
Pat ion Virginia

Old March 3rd 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

At Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival last week, I noticed lots of fantastic dog
fabric, including several with paws. You should have no problem finding
more.
What is Quilts For Kids? TIA,
PAT in Virginia

Old March 3rd 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I just found some paw fabric at the LQS today - I hadn't been in for a
while, and had load of fun looking around.

Quilts For Kids is a national organization (www.quiltsforkids.org) that
provides quilts for children who are in hospitals or in need in some
way. Downy became a major partner, and that's how I heard about it (and
a friend's niece had been a quilt recipient). Several of us here sent
away for a kit and then made one or more from our stash to return to
them. Fabric in the kit was precut into squares and strips, so they made
it really easy for us.

Louise

Pat in Virginia wrote:
At Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival last week, I noticed lots of fantastic
dog fabric, including several with paws. You should have no problem
finding more.
What is Quilts For Kids? TIA,
PAT in Virginia

"Louise in Iowa" nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote in message
Thanks! I was really happy with the fabric they sent - in fact, I
might even look for that paws fabric myself.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Quilts for Kids Kits Mickie Swall Quilting 3 January 18th 10 06:15 PM
quilts for kids Taria[_2_] Quilting 12 January 13th 10 05:46 PM
kids' quilts off kilter [email protected] Quilting 14 October 29th 09 09:15 PM
Quilts for Kids - Mickie Swall Quilting 2 May 17th 08 09:09 PM
Best batting for kids' quilts? Johanna Gibson Quilting 16 December 30th 04 07:34 PM