Home decor -- with beads

Old October 24th 03, 09:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

Default Home decor -- with beads

Got any good ideas for beaded home decor to share? I saw this and it made me
think.....

Though I don't like the beads they chose for this, it's still trippy.
Anthropologie many-beaded knobs
http://snurl.com/1d69

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old October 24th 03, 10:23 PM
Shirley Shone

Beaded bottles, I have got 6 on various shelves in the house. Easy to
move around.
Dare I say it, beaded tassels Again I have got them hung on drawer knobs
and keys in cabinets.

You could bead a rondel and hang it in a window.
Shirley

In article , Dr. Sooz
writes

Old October 24th 03, 10:52 PM
Dr. Sooz

Lots more. I thought some of these were good xmas ideas -- I know those of us
here could do a better job too.

beaded frame
http://snurl.com/1dld

beaded wire frame (could be a way to display those lampwork beads you never
plan to make into jewelry, too)
http://snurl.com/1dlf

beaded "Moroccan tile" coasters -- $28 for 6 makes these a steal.
http://snurl.com/1dox

beaded votive mini-chandelier SALE -- these are an outright steal! I'd rather
buy these than make them! Sheesh.
http://snurl.com/1dp4

beads & birds votive holder
http://snurl.com/1dp5

embroidered silk frames -- These aren't beaded, but in my mind they are. I
think I may make some of these myself.
http://snurl.com/1dp6

Merry Christmas garland (I want this! Or something like it!)
http://snurl.com/1dp8

first snow sparkle tree
http://snurl.com/1dpa

beaded dresses ornaments -- these are so COOL. And they'd be so easy to make!
http://snurl.com/1dt2
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old October 25th 03, 12:00 AM
Marissa Undercofler

I made a "beaded" lampshade...I put beaded in quotes, because I didn't
actually bead the whole shade...just the fringe that hangs off it. Although
a completely beaded lampshade would be cool...maybe I should look into
that....My living room is about as dark as a cave since the new landlord put
a porch on it, which required the removal of a window for the door out to
it, and the door has no windows... With a totally beaded lampshade, that
would definetly add some light...

Marissa

In article , Dr. Sooz
writes
Got any good ideas for beaded home decor to share? I saw this and it

made me
think.....

Though I don't like the beads they chose for this, it's still trippy.
Anthropologie many-beaded knobs
http://snurl.com/1d69

~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Shirley Shone

Old October 25th 03, 01:47 AM
Linda D.

Hi Shirley...

How exactly do you make your beaded bottles? I've looked at
photos of them and thought "I should make one", but am a little
intimidated and don't understand how to do it. Do you use netting or
??? I've done beaded xmas balls, would they be beaded similar to
those?

TIA...Linda

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:23:34 +0100, Shirley Shone
wrote:

Beaded bottles, I have got 6 on various shelves in the house. Easy to
move around.
Dare I say it, beaded tassels Again I have got them hung on drawer knobs
and keys in cabinets.

You could bead a rondel and hang it in a window.
Shirley

In article , Dr. Sooz
writes
Got any good ideas for beaded home decor to share? I saw this and it made me
think.....

Though I don't like the beads they chose for this, it's still trippy.
Anthropologie many-beaded knobs
http://snurl.com/1d69

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Shirley Shone

Vancouver Island, bc.ca (remove 'nospam' to reply)
See samples of my work at: www.members.shaw.ca/deugau

Old October 25th 03, 05:08 AM
Jalynne

OOOH, Marissa, you just gave me a fabulous idea for a silk lampshade I have. The
lining was shredded by the movers...and i've wanted to do something with it to
diffuse the light a little bit more, since i can't find a new shade in my budget.
this would be a great temporary fix...thanks!
--
Jalynne

. net...

Old October 25th 03, 05:16 AM
Kandice Seeber

That *is* cool. My grandma is having me make some drawer pulls from some of
my lampwork beads. Also, I did some fan pull beads for someone earlier this
month. I think beads can be used anywhere in the home, as long as they are
firmly attached.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old October 25th 03, 06:40 AM
Shirley Shone

I usually start at the top and make a circular peyote to cover the top
of the bottle. I carry on down the side of the bottle until I have
covered the cork area.
Then I go to netting and embellish it afterwards.

If It is a screw top bottle I leave the cap on. If it is a corked
bottle I push the cork back in and try to get it level with the top of
the glass.

There are some of the bottles on the pages that Valerie put up for me.
Not sure which page but here is the link.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/irate/shirley.html

http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/irate/shirley2.html
Shirley

In article 3f99c6d3.9171434@news, Linda D.
writes

Old October 25th 03, 02:05 PM
Diana Curtis

There is an octoganal window in the hall here. It lets light in so I dont
want to curtain over it, but it would be nice to add a little privacy. Ive
been thinking of a beaded curtain, something a little prettier than the
plastic bead door curtains we saw in the 70s, I hope.
If I could afford it I would set a Huge clear glass bowl out on a table
and fill it almost to the top with an assortment of lampwork beads. What
would be really awesome is to figure out a way to put a light in the middle
of the bowl so that at night the beads could glow.
For a Christmas decoration Id love to fill a wooden salad type bowl with
pinecones from different species of trees, then somehow put lampwork beads
on wires? so they stay above the pinecones. Maybe hot glue would keep them
in the right place through the holiday season?
For a grandly awesome tree garland a string of beads would look so nice.
Real glass... of sorts that appeal to you. Yummy.... or icicles for the
tree...
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old October 25th 03, 02:06 PM
Diana Curtis

Thats an interesting idea... must be expanded on... as you suggested.. that
one is fairly simple..
Diana