[looking4] rubber by the foot

Old August 16th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
br

Default [looking4] rubber by the foot

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a supplier of rubber, by the foot (or meter)
for necklaces and bracelets, other than PASTERNAK. Like these:

http://www.pasternakfindings.com/ind...Rubber%20Wires

Any ideas would help. PS: RIOGRANDE doesn't have what I want, except for
expensive, pre-cut lengths with expensive silver clasps.

Thank You

BR

Old August 17th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Séimí mac Liam

"br" wrote in
:

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a supplier of rubber, by the foot (or
meter) for necklaces and bracelets, other than PASTERNAK. Like these:

http://www.pasternakfindings.com/ind...zSex=3&dzgroup
=R50&dzmanf=50&sname=Rubber%20Wires

Any ideas would help. PS: RIOGRANDE doesn't have what I want, except for
expensive, pre-cut lengths with expensive silver clasps.

Thank You

BR

Have you looked at pages 426-7 of the new Rio Grande gems and findings
catalog?

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the court of Queen Maeve

Old August 17th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
br

Yes, perhaps in their latest catalog. I haven't seen it yet and it takes a
while to get one here (France). When will they get the d...n thing online?
Thanks. BR

"Séimí mac Liam" a écrit dans le message de news:
"br" wrote in
:

Old August 18th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Séimí mac Liam

"br" wrote in
:

http://www.pasternakfindings.com/ind...ID=242&dzSex=3

&dzgroup
=R50&dzmanf=50&sname=Rubber%20Wires

Any ideas would help. PS: RIOGRANDE doesn't have what I want, except

for
expensive, pre-cut lengths with expensive silver clasps.

Thank You

BR

Have you looked at pages 426-7 of the new Rio Grande gems and findings
catalog?

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the court of Queen Maeve
Prophet of The Great Tagger
Canonized December '99

I don't think they will. I received mine about a month ago. If you
haven't you might query them by e-mail. They have the flat rubber cord in
10 meter lengths for about a dollar a foot. six or seven colors.

Old August 21st 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Sarit Wolfus

If you are fine with their prices, you have nothing to worry about
ordering from Pasternak. I work with them on a regular basis, online
and offline, and I am very happy with the quality of their products and
service.
Highly recommended.
Sarit.
http://sarit-jewelry.com

Old August 22nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
br

My problem is not with Pasternak's prices.
I'm waiting for my new RIOGRANDE catalog, and trying to find other
suppliers. Thanks.
BR

Old August 26th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

br wrote:
My problem is not with Pasternak's prices.
I'm waiting for my new RIOGRANDE catalog, and trying to find other
suppliers. Thanks.
BR

Also try http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm

Black only.

This may not be what you are after, since this is from one of America's largest
industrial supply companies, so their products are mostly geared towards
industrial applications.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old August 27th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
br

Thank you for the link, Abrasha. They may not have exactly what I want in
the way of rubber (I haven't gone through the 200 or so references they
have, yet), but what a catalog! I'm sure I'll find lots of other stuff in it
that I really need, or that I've really wanted for years!
BR
PS. Yes, the French is "TRIBOULET" and it's used quite often. That name is
used generally for the kind that is marked with sizes. Otherwise, the steel
ones with all the hammer dings and file cuts are called "mandrins", perhaps
from "mandrel" (?).

This is the term for a ring mandrel also used in Holland.

84k1f29cvat9lj6 ...