Removing the Rubber! revisited

Old March 21st 04, 05:26 PM
Mia Turner

Default Removing the Rubber! revisited

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I read an old post here regarding
removing the rubber from stamps to be remounted using another system.
I am now using clear acrylic blocks and EZMount foam, so I am in the
process of removing my old wood and foam mounted rubber stamps and
remounting them on EZMount foam. My problem is that with some of my
wood-mounted stamps, the original black foam backing is very hard to
remove from the red rubber stamp. I tried microwaving, using Goo Gone,
rubbing alcohol, even nail polish remover (which I'm sure is not that
great for the stamps, so I was hesitant to try it) and some of this
backing just WON'T come off. It separates very easily from the wood,
but adheres tenaciously to the rubber. Any new ideas? I have lots of
stamps to convert and I'm getting very frustrated. Thanks!
Old March 31st 04, 01:22 PM
MaVinci2

I am now using clear acrylic blocks and EZMount foam, so I am in the
process of removing my old wood and foam mounted rubber stamps and
remounting them on EZMount foam. My problem is that with some of my
wood-mounted stamps, the original black foam backing is very hard to
remove from the red rubber stamp. I tried microwaving, using Goo Gone,
rubbing alcohol, even nail polish remover (which I'm sure is not that
great for the stamps, so I was hesitant to try it) and some of this
backing just WON'T come off. It separates very easily from the wood,
but adheres tenaciously to the rubber. Any new ideas? I have lots of
stamps to convert and I'm getting very frustrated. Thanks!

I'd just leave it on, and put your cling stuff on the back of it.

)
Robin
Ma Vinci's Reliquary
http://www.crafts.dm.net/mall/reliquary/
Now accepting MasterCard and Visa!
Old April 1st 04, 12:58 AM
hansen

I have had the same problem, only thing that worked was scrapping with
my fingernail and that hurt! And they were small stamps, badly indexed,
so they had to be removed from the wood. If the foam had come off the
wood without tearing, maybe I would have left it - but it never does, so
you would have a stamp that never was flat enough for a good image.
If someone knows the answer, please share!
Janet