On eyelets

Old August 28th 03, 11:59 PM
Mickey

Default On eyelets

I put my stamping project on hold for a few months, but have decided to
start up again, since I have a lot of still brand new stamping stuff
just waiting for me to try to put together. But ......I haven't been to
a craft store in quite a while.

I've seen, in my Rubber Stamping magazine, and heard about attaching
eyelets on stamped greetings cards or , scrapbooking, etc.
Is anyone out there using them? How do you attach to a card? Do you
need a certain tool? Do you like the effects?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
Mickey

Old August 29th 03, 02:16 AM
Ddborger

Ok - I am officaly an eyelet fanatic. I love love love them. I use them to
attach vellum, to tie ribbon through, to attach pictures to my scrapbook album,
as dots on ladybugs, etc... You need a hammer, eyelet setter and anywhere hole
punch. I use a self healing mat also, for underneath when I'm punching the
hole and for when I'm setting to protect my table. I got my eyelet setter and
hole punch from SU - it was around $8. The one I have is for 1/8 inch eyelets-
that's the size I use. Michaels carries a kit for around $20 - and it does all
size eyelets. I saw the other day at Walmart that you can purchase a similar
set for only $9 - and they are starting to carry some eyelets too.

~Donna~
SAHM Val Gal 16, Wendy Woo 14, Seany 10
6 years of Stamping Bliss
Old August 31st 03, 01:54 AM
Risible

Mickey Wrote:

I've seen, in my Rubber Stamping magazine, and heard about attaching
eyelets on stamped greetings cards or , scrapbooking, etc.
Is anyone out there using them? How do you attach to a card? Do you
need a certain tool? Do you like the effects?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks
Mickey

I enjoy playing with eyelets. Apparently, many people do. Eyelets can be used
to create many different effects--from cutesy to elegant--depending on the
materials used.

How to set eyelets (with photos):
http://www.impressrubberstamps.com/i...t_eyelets.html
http://www.scrapjazz.com/resources/article_30.shtml
(I have found that using a rubber mallet instead of a metal hammer works better
with less damage to the eyelets.)

Other Eyelet Info:
http://www.eyeletfactory.com/technique.htm
http://artsnink.com/techniques.html
http://netnet.net/~cloud9/ (In the "Tips" section)
http://www.eyeletqueen.com/store.asp
(Yikes! I had no idea that there are so many eyelet shapes.)

Another place to see what others are doing with eyelets (on greeting cards):
http://stampartsearch.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi
Click on the "Choose a Technique or Type" box and select "Eyelets".

Have fun pounding!

Sincerely,
Risible

Old August 31st 03, 07:02 PM
Ed & Marlene

I thought I was the only one that pounded in the front and thought to
myself, how do people go on and rave about the eyelets when I can't get them
to work.. Oh boy thanks for admitting you did it also.. Marlene

Old August 31st 03, 07:05 PM
Bijoux

"Ed & Marlene" wrote in message
I thought I was the only one that pounded in the front and thought to
myself, how do people go on and rave about the eyelets when I can't get

them
to work.. Oh boy thanks for admitting you did it also.. Marlene

Whew, glad I wasn't the only one. LOL OK how many more are going to 'fess
up?

:-)

Bijoux

Old September 1st 03, 05:48 AM
annafine

Once you start using eyelets and see the effects they have on things
(cards, scrapbook pages, etc), you won't want to stop!!!!

The options are endless! Explore! Experiment! and most of all, HAVE
FUN!!!

Since I started using eyelets a couple of years ago, I've been looking
for more and more types of them (Stars, flowers, squares, angels,
Christmas trees, stockings, snowmen, turkeys, pumpkins, leaves, and of
course I have lots of colors of the regular round eyelets).

You need a hammer, eyelet setter and a hole punch as mentioned
already.

I have the eyelet setter and hole punch set from Stampin up...though
they work they are NOT the best.

My sister ordered a set from QVC and the set she got was MUCH better.
However, she also, later, got the set from Michaels.

I now have the hole punch that she got with her set from QVC because
she liked the punch from Michaels better. And she gave me the setter
that she got with the set from Michaels because it is better than the
one from Stampin Up, yet not as good as the one from QVC.

I'm not recommending that you buy both the set from QVC and the set
from Michaels, but I'm telling you that the best punch I've used is
the one from Michaels; the best setter is the one from QVC and ANY
SMALL hammer will work (I happen to have the one that came in the set
from Michaels because my sister kept the one she got from QVC).

The self healing mat is WONDERFUL...just make sure you don't use the
back side of it...the back side does NOT heal!
Old September 2nd 03, 09:53 PM
Mickey

What great ideas.....Thanks all

I did go to Walmart's yesterday to look for the tool, but they were so
busy (On a Sunday) that I decided to wait and try Michael's. If my
Walmart has them, I sure didn't see it.

Any way thanks again..

Old September 4th 03, 01:34 AM
Bizzy Bee

Also check out www.BizzyBeeEyelets.com
On the front page there is a link for the Project Gallery and Tips and
Ideas for using eyelets and so many more. You can get lost in there!
There are alot of ideas, tips and a Project Gallery where you can
enter you own layouts and cards.

Angie