A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Needlework
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 17th 13, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 418
Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!


Arliss, former member here, emailed a picture she had taken at Walmart
this morning. It was of a box of Gerber's cloth diapers (lint free!).
On the side it had 2 lists.

Ideal for: Ideal for:
..Car washing/waxing cloth .Diapering
..Household cleaning .Burp/Nursing cloth
..Polishing cloth .Changing pad
..Cleanup .Lap pad
..Dish towel .Crafting/embroidering

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I *never* would have thought of embroidering on a diaper!


--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace
happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?

Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.

Unknown
Ads
  #2  
Old October 18th 13, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 795
Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!

On 10/17/2013 5:46 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:

Arliss, former member here, emailed a picture she had taken at Walmart
this morning. It was of a box of Gerber's cloth diapers (lint free!).
On the side it had 2 lists.

Ideal for: Ideal for:
.Car washing/waxing cloth .Diapering
.Household cleaning .Burp/Nursing cloth
.Polishing cloth .Changing pad
.Cleanup .Lap pad
.Dish towel .Crafting/embroidering

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I *never* would have thought of embroidering on a diaper!


I was in a fabric shop a couple of days ago, and there is a "$1 a yard"
corner. We got talking to a young hispanic lady, who said she bought
that sort of fabric for diapers for her baby. Real cloth diapers were
too expensive, and obviously disposable ones were out of the question. I
wonder how the dyes in the fabrics worked and would they bother the baby.

Gill
  #3  
Old October 18th 13, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Belinda Alene
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 60
Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:46:32 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:


Arliss, former member here, emailed a picture she had taken at Walmart
this morning. It was of a box of Gerber's cloth diapers (lint free!).
On the side it had 2 lists.

Ideal for: Ideal for:
.Car washing/waxing cloth .Diapering
.Household cleaning .Burp/Nursing cloth
.Polishing cloth .Changing pad
.Cleanup .Lap pad
.Dish towel .Crafting/embroidering

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I *never* would have thought of embroidering on a diaper!


Cloth diapers can be made into wonderful kitchen aprons and dish towels. With a
little embroidery these become wonderful gifts. The real fun with using cloth
diapers in this kind of project is that most folks will not recognize the
'wonderfully' adsorbent cloth and be convinced this is an expensive hand made
gift.

  #4  
Old October 18th 13, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Belinda Alene
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 60
Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:25:34 -0400, Gillian Murray
wrote:

On 10/17/2013 5:46 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:

Arliss, former member here, emailed a picture she had taken at Walmart
this morning. It was of a box of Gerber's cloth diapers (lint free!).
On the side it had 2 lists.

Ideal for: Ideal for:
.Car washing/waxing cloth .Diapering
.Household cleaning .Burp/Nursing cloth
.Polishing cloth .Changing pad
.Cleanup .Lap pad
.Dish towel .Crafting/embroidering

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I *never* would have thought of embroidering on a diaper!


I was in a fabric shop a couple of days ago, and there is a "$1 a yard"
corner. We got talking to a young hispanic lady, who said she bought
that sort of fabric for diapers for her baby. Real cloth diapers were
too expensive, and obviously disposable ones were out of the question. I
wonder how the dyes in the fabrics worked and would they bother the baby.

Gill


The colors and dyes are not much of a problem, especially after a few times
through the bleach when washing. The real problem is selecting the 50% or more
cotton cloth for this use. 100% cotton flannel works best.

  #5  
Old October 19th 13, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 795
Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!

On 10/18/2013 6:28 PM, Belinda Alene wrote:
On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:25:34 -0400, Gillian Murray
wrote:

On 10/17/2013 5:46 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:

Arliss, former member here, emailed a picture she had taken at Walmart
this morning. It was of a box of Gerber's cloth diapers (lint free!).
On the side it had 2 lists.

Ideal for: Ideal for:
.Car washing/waxing cloth .Diapering
.Household cleaning .Burp/Nursing cloth
.Polishing cloth .Changing pad
.Cleanup .Lap pad
.Dish towel .Crafting/embroidering

LOLOLOL!!!!!! I *never* would have thought of embroidering on a diaper!


I was in a fabric shop a couple of days ago, and there is a "$1 a yard"
corner. We got talking to a young hispanic lady, who said she bought
that sort of fabric for diapers for her baby. Real cloth diapers were
too expensive, and obviously disposable ones were out of the question. I
wonder how the dyes in the fabrics worked and would they bother the baby.

Gill


The colors and dyes are not much of a problem, especially after a few times
through the bleach when washing. The real problem is selecting the 50% or more
cotton cloth for this use. 100% cotton flannel works best.

She was looking for 100% cotton......probably that is what she did.

A zillion years back, that is all we used........and you are so right,
the worn ones had a million uses.

Gill
  #6  
Old October 23rd 13, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Candy Murphy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!

On 10/18/2013 6:25 PM, Belinda Alene wrote:

Cloth diapers can be made into wonderful kitchen aprons and dish towels. With a
little embroidery these become wonderful gifts. The real fun with using cloth
diapers in this kind of project is that most folks will not recognize the
'wonderfully' adsorbent cloth and be convinced this is an expensive hand made
gift.


When my twins were born, a friend gave them each an embroidered diaper
that she had bought from Etsy. Their names are embroidered on them, and
each one has a strip of Vera Bradley print fabric attached on the end.
My kids are 5 now, and we still have their embroidered diapers hanging
in their bathroom as hand towels. (And yes, some might not know they
are made from cloth diapers!)
  #7  
Old October 24th 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Magic Mood Jeep[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Tooooo funny...and ON topic, to boot!

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:46:32 PM UTC-4, Joan Erickson wrote:
Arliss, former member here, emailed a picture she had taken at Walmart

this morning. It was of a box of Gerber's cloth diapers (lint free!).

On the side it had 2 lists.



Ideal for: Ideal for:

.Car washing/waxing cloth .Diapering

.Household cleaning .Burp/Nursing cloth

.Polishing cloth .Changing pad

.Cleanup .Lap pad

.Dish towel .Crafting/embroidering



LOLOLOL!!!!!! I *never* would have thought of embroidering on a diaper!





--

Joan



See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures



If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace

happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry?



Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance.



Unknown


30 years ago, I worked in our local Taget store, and cloth diapers were what we used to clean the glass display cases in Electronics and Jewelry - they left very little, if any, lint!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFF TOPIC funny Cheryl Isaak Needlework 74 March 4th 09 03:22 PM
Funny on -topic cartoon monique Quilting 3 March 2nd 07 07:54 PM
On topic - too funny Cheryl Isaak Needlework 1 October 7th 05 06:56 PM
OT Aint it funny that the majority of the posts are off topic? Quiltshophopper Quilting 13 July 21st 05 07:44 PM
OFF TOPIC - but very funny! Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 July 10th 05 05:26 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CraftBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.