A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Craft related newsgroups » Jewelry
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Personally...



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 27th 11, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default Personally...

Hi,
I just want to say that I'm here, I rarely say anything because I
don't know much so I can't answer questions, but I always read the
digest and I learn from it. So thank you, Peter.
Regards,
Judith

Ads
  #2  
Old January 27th 11, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 115
Default Personally...

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:57:35 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry
" wrote:

Hi,
I just want to say that I'm here, I rarely say anything because I
don't know much so I can't answer questions, but I always read the
digest and I learn from it. So thank you, Peter.
Regards,
Judith


You're welcome, Judith, though your use of the word "digest" is a bit puzzling.
This is a newsgroup, and not sent in a digest (multiple messages combined into
one posting) form. That makes me wonder whether perhaps you have also
subscribed to the Orchid mail list, which IS available as a daily digest post in
addition, or instead of the individual message format.

If you don't subscribe to Orchid, and want a real goldmine of info, you should
give it a try. The digest format is easiest to subscribe to if you only wish to
read, and not reply, to postings. It means you don't have to bother setting up
your email with a seperate folder for that mail list, almost a requirement if
you subscribe to individual messages, since there are usually 50 some messages
per day, which will make reading your normal email a mess if it's mixed with all
those Orchid posts.

Anyway. If you find this newsgroup still of interest, even when the useful
posts number something like one or two per month, then that's a good thing.

cheers

Peter
  #3  
Old February 4th 11, 05:31 AM
LES.Jecky LES.Jecky is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by CraftBanter: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Default

DeJoria Diamonds is one of the UK's leading online diamond jewellers, specialising in certified loose diamonds, engagement rings and wedding rings.
  #4  
Old October 27th 11, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Belinda Alene
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 60
Default Personally...



On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:03:40 -0800, Peter W. Rowe

wrote:



If you don't subscribe to Orchid, and want a real goldmine of info, you should


give it a try. The digest format is easiest to subscribe to if you only wish to


read, and not reply, to postings. It means you don't have to bother setting up


your email with a seperate folder for that mail list, almost a requirement if


you subscribe to individual messages, since there are usually 50 some messages


per day, which will make reading your normal email a mess if it's mixed with all


those Orchid posts.




So how does one go about finding and subscribing to Orchid?





  #5  
Old October 30th 11, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
lemel_man[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Personally...

On 27/10/2011 05:37, Belinda Alene wrote:


On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:03:40 -0800, Peter W. Rowe

wrote:



If you don't subscribe to Orchid, and want a real goldmine of info, you should


give it a try. The digest format is easiest to subscribe to if you only wish to


read, and not reply, to postings. It means you don't have to bother setting up


your email with a seperate folder for that mail list, almost a requirement if


you subscribe to individual messages, since there are usually 50 some messages


per day, which will make reading your normal email a mess if it's mixed with all


those Orchid posts.




So how does one go about finding and subscribing to Orchid?






Take a look at http://www.ganoksin.com/ it's Orchid's other name.

--
Regards, Gary Wooding
(To reply by email, change gug to goog in my address)

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CraftBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.