I'm new here - hello

Old October 26th 05, 07:16 AM

Default I'm new here - hello

Hello Everyone

I just joined this group this morning.

I am as new to the world of quilting as I am to this group, having only
started quilting 6 months ago when I signed up for a class. It's
something I've been wanting to do forever.

Please let me know the "etiquette" on this group: introductions,
postings, pictures, etc.

Claudia

Old October 26th 05, 07:20 AM
Kate G.

WELCOME!!!

If you search -- you will find a monthly FAQ (frequently asked questions)
posting that deals with etiquette.

We'd love to see your work -- but not included in a post. Please post to a
webpage -- then post a link in your post.

Introductions..., my oh my yes!

Tell us all about you... your family... your QI's (quilt inspectors --
usually those rascally 4 legged family members), where you live (state
and/or city) and anything and everything else you'd like to share!

Oh... and most important.. your favorite type of chocolate!

Again... welcome....

Kate in Michigan

oups.com...

Old October 26th 05, 08:12 AM
Sharon Harper

G'day and welcome from the land down under! Where are y'all from Claudia?
What are you making quilty wise?

quicker)

Old October 26th 05, 08:15 AM
Patti

Welcome Claudia
Not many 'rules'!
But, no advertising and the photo thing that Kate mentioned. (If you
happen to have your own website, do post the link when you have photos
to share).
If you look up RCTQ archives on Google, and then the subject FAQ, you
will find more information than you could imagine. They really set the
scene.
Quilting is a world of its own - a very nice world, too!
Don't be afraid to ask questions .
..
In message .com,
" writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 05, 10:54 AM
Sally Swindells

Hello Claudia
More welcomes. I've not been around long either, and only quilting for
a couple of years (and I'm not very fast so have little to show,
probably being a gardening addict too doesn't help!)

Think the etiquette has already been covered. Just read and all the
posts and enjoy. As you will see everyone is friendly and helpful, and
a question can elicite enough answers to fill a book. Lots of very
knowledgable people with gorgeous work. In less than no time you will
get to know a host of new friends.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Happy quiltingOn 25 Oct 2005 23:16:22 -0700, "

Old October 26th 05, 11:52 AM
Cheryl in Oz

Welcome again from the Land Down Under!!

--

Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old October 26th 05, 11:57 AM
frood

Hi, Claudia! Welcome to the group! The FAQs get posted once a month, but I
think I forgot for October. You can google them, or wait until I post them
next month.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old October 26th 05, 12:07 PM
Dee in Oz

Welcome From Oz Claudia.

There are lots of helpful ideas given out here.

I don't post a lot but learn plenty. I am still a beginner (self
taught) having only made 3 quilts.

There is the occasional squabble here but if you ignore it then it goes
away.

Enjoy the knowledge given.

Dee in Oz

Old October 26th 05, 02:40 PM
C & S

Welcome Claudia. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work.

Carole (formally from Quebec, Canada)
Champlain, NY

Old October 26th 05, 02:44 PM
nana2b

Welcome to the group. It is a wonderful place to laugh, cry and learn.
Linda in Tx