Wholecloth pictures posted

Old October 26th 05, 03:12 PM
nana2b

Default Wholecloth pictures posted

Wow Judie that is spectacular! What did you quilt this on? I cannot
imagine doing this on a regular machine. Linda in Tx

Old October 26th 05, 09:01 PM
Judie in Penfield NY

Hi Linda,

First, congratulations on your expected grandbaby! I've just been told
that I can tell all my friends and family that my youngest daughter will
be having a baby in April (?...not too sure of the due date)! This will be
my 8th grandchild, and I must say that I've never gotten over the thrill.
I am pretty excited, especially since this one will be very close. I'm
here in Penfield NY and my grandchildren are either in California or
Colorado, that makes it very hard for me, I sure do miss them all.

I started quilting this on a Singer 301 and then switched to a Kenmore
machine. Both of these machines can drop their feed dogs, and I have a
free motion foot for each of them. I didn't have a walking foot for either
one, that might have helped with the straight stitching but I've never
really had too much of a problem with that.

I am so glad that I have finished this one, it was my most ambitious
project so far. When my daughter opened the box and took the quilt out she
didn't think it was really a quilt, she's never seen a whole cloth quilt
and from what she told me, she thought the stitching was part of the
design in the fabric. My 15 year old grandaughter was here visiting last
summer and saw me working on this quilt, so she explained to her mom that,
yes, it is really a quilt and grandma really did make it for you.

I miss having this project, I really need to get started on a new quilt,
I've been working on some curtains and such but it's just not the same. I
guess this quilting thing is really addicting!

Thanks for liking my work!

Judie in Penfield NY

New pictures posted! Allaya Diep Yarn 6 May 15th 04 10:16 PM
Pictures of Designs on Websites Rachel Janzen Needlework 57 February 29th 04 08:54 PM
CROSSPOSTED - new pictures, even some quilt pictures!! CNYstitcher Quilting 0 December 28th 03 04:55 AM
OT - "New" Yoda Pictures! DavesFatChick Quilting 17 October 20th 03 05:29 PM