Glass Blowing Studios in Guadalajara

Old March 31st 05, 02:30 PM
January

Default Glass Blowing Studios in Guadalajara

Is anyone familiar with any Glass Blowing Studios in Guadalajara? I am
planning a trip to gather pictures on the Mexican glass blowing process
to add to my website at http://www.mivaso.com and want to make sure I
see the best that Mexico has to offer...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
January Smith
http://www.mivaso.com

Old March 31st 05, 02:52 PM
Javahut

"January" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone familiar with any Glass Blowing Studios in Guadalajara? I am
planning a trip to gather pictures on the Mexican glass blowing process
to add to my website at http://www.mivaso.com and want to make sure I
see the best that Mexico has to offer...

Just curious, but wouldn't this be something to do BEFORE you start
overpricing it to US on a newsgroup that discusses the techniques and
"craft" of glass rather than everyone here selling their items?

Did you lose the concept here that EVERYONE works with the glass, and yet
you don't see ANYONE trying to sell their wares?

When you get to Mexico, see if "glassblowing" is in the yellow pages..... ya
think?

Old March 31st 05, 04:39 PM
Kalera Stratton

They don't seem all that overpriced to me... they're about the same
prices as I see them for at all the local import shops. They're
certainly not "art glass" though.

Javahut wrote:
oups.com...

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Old March 31st 05, 06:54 PM
Javahut

find the response below.......

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
They don't seem all that overpriced to me... they're about the same
prices as I see them for at all the local import shops. They're
certainly not "art glass" though.

Javahut wrote:
"January" wrote in message
oups.com...

Is anyone familiar with any Glass Blowing Studios in Guadalajara? I am
planning a trip to gather pictures on the Mexican glass blowing process
to add to my website at http://www.mivaso.com and want to make sure I
see the best that Mexico has to offer...

Just curious, but wouldn't this be something to do BEFORE you start
overpricing it to US on a newsgroup that discusses the techniques and
"craft" of glass rather than everyone here selling their items?

Did you lose the concept here that EVERYONE works with the glass, and

yet
you don't see ANYONE trying to sell their wares?

When you get to Mexico, see if "glassblowing" is in the yellow

pages..... ya
think?

Ever buy anything "in" Mexico? Bring across the border for peanuts, the
standard of living and expense of things in general, is far cheaper, those
are retail prices, straight up zero discount. If I am buying something
direct from the importer, I expect a better price than offered on the
website, AND I don't expect the sales pitch, or any derivation of it, to be
posted in the newsgroup.

Old March 31st 05, 07:28 PM
January

I am just trying to see if you guys are aware of any of the artisans in
Mexico that I should visit while I am there...

Thanks,
January

Old March 31st 05, 08:09 PM
January

I can walk down the streets in the suburbs of Guadalajara known for
glass blowing, like Tlaquepaque or Tonala and find lots of shops making
and selling glassware. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any true
glass blowing artisans in the area. I really want to capture some of
the essence of the age old art of glassblowing in Mexico - they were
suposedly some of the first on the North American continent to produce
glass...

I have visited the Vitro plant in Monterrey where Dale Chihuly worked
on his Mexico show but have yet to make any contacts in Guadalajara.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
January Smith
http://www.mivaso.com

Old April 1st 05, 06:00 AM
Kalera Stratton

Really? Goes to show how long it's been since I was at a Pier 1! I used
to see them at Import Plaza all the time, I thought they were around six
bucks then but that doesn't mean much.

I should check out the deals at Pier 1 more often... oh, and what's that
other one? Crate & Barrel?

Boner the Cat wrote:
blue rimmed glass much cheaper at pier 1`!!!

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message

They don't seem all that overpriced to me... they're about the same
prices as I see them for at all the local import shops. They're
certainly not "art glass" though.

Javahut wrote:

egroups.com...

Old April 1st 05, 06:02 AM
Kalera Stratton

Javahut wrote:

Ever buy anything "in" Mexico? Bring across the border for peanuts, the
standard of living and expense of things in general, is far cheaper, those
are retail prices, straight up zero discount. If I am buying something
direct from the importer, I expect a better price than offered on the
website, AND I don't expect the sales pitch, or any derivation of it, to be
posted in the newsgroup.

Oh, I agree... they're retail prices, and the ad is at the least, wasted
and at the most, intrusive on this group.

Overpriced for wholesale... but my impression is that she's trying to
sell them retail. She's still barking up th wrong tree here.
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 1st 05, 06:03 AM
Kalera Stratton

I don't know any who have open studios, or who sell that sort of wares.
You might try posting the question to the glass forum on Wetcanvas, though.

January wrote:
I am just trying to see if you guys are aware of any of the artisans in
Mexico that I should visit while I am there...

Thanks,
January

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Looking for a glass blowing FAQ CanopyCo Glass 2 January 3rd 04 11:13 PM
For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 08:19 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
Old glass receipts Matthew Spong Glass 0 July 4th 03 01:06 PM