Ft Washington

Old September 21st 03, 01:48 PM
Joan8904

Default Ft Washington

Wonderful wonderful! I restrained my spending (somewhat) as I'd gone hog wild
earlier at Budding Star in Lebanon NJ and Kindred Quilts in Clinton.

The quilts were overall just out of this world! Even the ones I didn't
particularly care for were still inspirational and instructive. If I were to
make a criticism, it was that over all, too many quilts featured way too much
stippling. Don't get me wrong, I love a beautiful trapunto stippled quilt as
much as the next person, but every EVERY quilt does not call for intensive
stippling.

Shows like this hit me two ways.
#! I should give up quilting and take up another 'hobby' as some of the quilts
on display were so far beyond anything I will ever do. I'm embarrased at my
efforts.
#2 I should get home and start quilting IMMEDIATELY to use some of the
inspriation from seing those beautiful quilts.

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Old September 21st 03, 02:02 PM
AliceW

I thought some of the same things Joan. I came home and followed your
instruction #2.

From my own perspective, I am not competing with anyone else. I don't ever
think I will be as good as most of the quilters who had quilts on display.
I make very traditional and utiltarian quilts - bed quilts, lap quilts, baby
quilts, quillows, etc. I like what I make, am striving to get better at
hand quilting, and no one has returned a quilt that I gave as a gift.- as a
matter of fact, I have 3 people who want me to make them a quilt! I entered
a wall hanging in the Edison show, not expecting to win, but just wanted to
experience the competitive side for once. Now, back to quilting - I'm
really in the zone after a show like this!

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old September 21st 03, 02:30 PM
Bonnie

Joan8904 wrote:
Wonderful wonderful! I restrained my spending (somewhat) as I'd gone hog wild
earlier at Budding Star in Lebanon NJ and Kindred Quilts in Clinton.

Those are the shops that get most of my money ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 21st 03, 05:53 PM
AliceW

I love Budding Star too, but don't get there as often as I'd like since I
normally would go from Mt. Holly. So, its a trek for me. I have a really
cute shop in Mt. Holly (The Village Quilter) and then Quilter's Barn in
Allentown, which is my favorite. I went to Kindred Quilts for the first
time during the last shop hop and loved that one too!

--

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Joan8904 wrote:
Wonderful wonderful! I restrained my spending (somewhat) as I'd gone

hog wild
earlier at Budding Star in Lebanon NJ and Kindred Quilts in Clinton.

Those are the shops that get most of my money ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ

Anyone from OLALLA or GIG HARBOR WASHINGTON? SpunMud Pottery 4 November 24th 04 12:51 AM
Chiapas Women's Fair Trade Tour visits Washington, DC creative Marketplace 0 October 29th 03 04:31 PM
Chiapas Women's Fair Trade Tour visits Washington, DC creative Needlework 0 October 29th 03 04:20 PM
Ft Washington Show Royce Quilting 0 September 18th 03 02:18 AM
potters in washington state? Bri Pottery 0 July 21st 03 05:58 AM