Brother embroidery machine?

Old December 17th 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Brother embroidery machine?

I don't want to embroider Donald Duck on 800 baseball caps. Not even one
pegasus on our tea towels - but - I've seen some really nice, very nice,
lettering done on a Brother embroidery machine. I can write very well in
cursive FM - could even do the Declaration of Independence if motivated.
Witchy (Linda) puts some good-looking lettering on her blocks for Hugs and a
neighbor's friend can too. Friend says she has a Brother that it is
easy-going and wasn't expensive.
So.
Brace yourself.
I wandered over to ebay to see if I might want to give DH a basic
embroidery machine made by Brother. The first one up? Yeeeesh! One that
costs $ 110,000.00.
Don't think that's what I have in mind.
Does anybody have any idea what I do have in mind? Polly

Old December 17th 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Enneking

I hope this is a typo. $110,000.00 is quite a price for a Brother machine.
I know some Brother models used to be available at Walmart, maybe still are.
I have a friend who has a Brother embroidery machine and is quite happy with
it. She makes doll clothes to sell at craft shows and on-line, and uses the
machine to embellish them, as well as other personal uses. I believe her
husband purchased the machine at Walmart, for nowhere near $110,000. Hope
you can find one you like. Keep searching....
Linda

Old December 17th 09, 07:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

M Enneking wrote:
I hope this is a typo. $110,000.00 is quite a price for a Brother machine.
I know some Brother models used to be available at Walmart, maybe still are.
I have a friend who has a Brother embroidery machine and is quite happy with
it. She makes doll clothes to sell at craft shows and on-line, and uses the
machine to embellish them, as well as other personal uses. I believe her
husband purchased the machine at Walmart, for nowhere near $110,000. Hope
you can find one you like. Keep searching....

That will be one of their industrial embroidery machines. You want a
domestic. Something along these lines?

Embroidery only:
http://www.bambersew.com/BROTHER/BRO.../p-67-68-1424/

Or a fancy dual sewing and embroidery job?
http://www.bambersew.com/BROTHER/BRO...ES/c-11-67-68/

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 17th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:08:52 -0600, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

I don't want to embroider Donald Duck on 800 baseball caps. Not even one
pegasus on our tea towels - but - I've seen some really nice, very nice,
lettering done on a Brother embroidery machine. I can write very well in
cursive FM - could even do the Declaration of Independence if motivated.
Witchy (Linda) puts some good-looking lettering on her blocks for Hugs and a
neighbor's friend can too. Friend says she has a Brother that it is
easy-going and wasn't expensive.
So.
Brace yourself.
I wandered over to ebay to see if I might want to give DH a basic
embroidery machine made by Brother. The first one up? Yeeeesh! One that
costs $ 110,000.00.
Don't think that's what I have in mind.
Does anybody have any idea what I do have in mind? Polly

I have a Brother PE-750D. (The D is for Disney, which I didn't need because
I don't want to embroider Mickey on my tea towels, but I got a good price on
it.) That is probably more along the lines you are looking for it. It comes
with some very nice lettering and a 5" x 7" hoop.

Maureen

Old December 17th 09, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you so much for the help. There won't be any lessons or classes
available and I don't want one that's so complicated that I couldn't use it.
And - I don't want one that's so cheap it will be a pain. No. The $
110,000.00 was not a typo - but it just may not be necessary to go so
carried away. Polly

Old December 17th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Polly Esther wrote:
I don't want to embroider Donald Duck on 800 baseball caps. Not even
one pegasus on our tea towels - but - I've seen some really nice, very
nice, lettering done on a Brother embroidery machine. I can write very
well in cursive FM - could even do the Declaration of Independence if
motivated. Witchy (Linda) puts some good-looking lettering on her blocks
for Hugs and a neighbor's friend can too. Friend says she has a Brother
that it is easy-going and wasn't expensive.
So.
Brace yourself.
I wandered over to ebay to see if I might want to give DH a basic
embroidery machine made by Brother. The first one up? Yeeeesh! One
that costs $ 110,000.00.
Don't think that's what I have in mind.
Does anybody have any idea what I do have in mind? Polly

In my research for a new "someday" sewing machine, I checked out Brother
Quattro on ebay. Yep. $4,400. Don't think so, not ever.

Sorry, I can't help you, Polly, but I do commiserate.

Michelle in Nevada

Old December 17th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

On Dec 16, 11:08*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I don't want to embroider Donald Duck on 800 baseball caps. *Not even one
pegasus on our tea towels - but - I've seen some really nice, very nice,
lettering done on a Brother embroidery machine. *I can write very well in
cursive FM - could even do the Declaration of Independence if motivated.
Witchy (Linda) puts some good-looking lettering on her blocks for Hugs and a
neighbor's friend can too. *Friend says she has a Brother that it is
easy-going and wasn't expensive.
* * So.
* * Brace yourself.
* * I wandered over to ebay to see if I might want to give DH a basic
embroidery machine made by Brother. *The first one up? * Yeeeesh! * One that
costs *$ 110,000.00.
* * Don't think that's what I have in mind.
* * Does anybody have any idea what I do have in mind? *Polly

Hi Polly,
Here is a link to my sewing machine dealer, they have several Brother
machines in different price ranges.
http://www.poconosewandvac.com/index... oductId=27715
Hope this helps.
Bonnie
NJ
Old December 17th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchystitcher

My Brother 8200 is still going strong! I think it must be at least 10
years old now. You certainly don't need to Quatro or the 4200 to do
lettering. I had purchased a used Bernina 440 with the embroidery
attachment. I thought it would be great because the embroidery field
was bigger, but I much prefer my Brother. Sold the Bernina because I
thought my 8200 was even better on the stitching side and I just move
too fast for the BSR - never got the hang of that.

Overstock.com currently has a Brother machine for $312.99.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of Boxtops

Old December 17th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I truly do admire and respect the wonderful things that the finer embroidery
machines will do - but they're just not on my list of things to learn. ( I
also have great admiration for watercolor painting and flying airplanes but
we'll
put those off for a while.) All I really want to achieve just now is some
fine lettering like Linda can do. Thank you, thank you. Polly

"Witchystitcher" wrote...