couching foot

Old December 1st 09, 10:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Default couching foot

Has anyone seen or heard of a FM couching foot for my Husqvarna. I can see a
couching/cording foot, but it does nt seem like I could fm with it. A friend
says you can get one for her Bernina.If any one has one can you tell me if
you use it with the f dogs up?
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old December 1st 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Just some thoughts, Estelle, since I don't speak Husqvarna but have the
greatest respect for their possibilities. My mind is trying to combine
couching (and certainly there are several feet that can do that) and FM - as
in the freedom to twist and turn at will.
The duty of the couching foot is to hold something fancy while stitching
to keep it in place; easy enough with practice. What I'm thinking is it
would be a simple (?) matter of having your presser foot Pressure adjusted
so that the foot could securely hold the braid (or whatever) at the same
time as allowing you to wander without feeddog interference.
I'll bet you can. I'll bet it will only take some experimenting and
adjusting until you get it just right. What a wonderful concept. You can
do it and we want to see. Polly

Old December 1st 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

On Dec 1, 5:54*am, "EstelleUK" wrote:
Has anyone seen or heard of a FM couching foot for my Husqvarna. I can see a
couching/cording foot, but it does nt seem like I could fm with it. A friend
says you can get one for her Bernina.If any one has one can you tell me if
you use it with the f dogs up?
--http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/ca/en...ide_090520.pdf

Page 7 of this pdf shows the foot that you are thinking of. You'd
have to make sure that it is compatible with your machine - pfaff's
couching system is only available for the top of the line
machines.....it has been years since I first saw the system in use on
sewing shows that Janome machines were sponsors. jennellh
Old December 1st 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Thanks Polly. I am not too sure how to adjust. Wanting the easy option ,and
hope one of my DC will get it for me for Christmas!

Old December 1st 09, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Thank you so much for that link, I have emailed the Uk link I found and hope
they can help. There was no sign of one on the accessories page I found. It
might not be any good for my 5 year old Lily. Fingers crossed.

Old December 1st 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Estelle, with my Viking machines I free motion with the open toe
applique foot. G Lower the foot pressure to almost nothing, drop the
feed dogs and have a great set up. I also have a small guide that
hooks onto the toe of the foot to hold yarn, etc. for couching. I'm
sure that the combination would work. VBG (But not something I have
yet done.)

good luck,
Pati, in Phx

Old December 1st 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

That looks pretty much like my ordinary small darning foot. Bet the
foot I have would work just fine! All one would need to do would be to
stick the end of the yard down through the top of the hole, anchor it,
and let it feed through while zigzagging.
What I want is the Spanish hemstitching foot!
Roberta in D

Old December 7th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchystitcher

I had one when I had my Bernina. It is a FM plastic foot with a hole
in it that you thread the couching yarn through.
Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of Boxtops

Old December 7th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Thanks Linda. That sounds like the one a friend of mine has for her Bernie.
She loves it. I have just heard back from Husqvarna and they say the FM
couching set will not fit my Lily. I guess it is too old a five years, but I
love it ,and don't have the funds anyhow.I will just have to do it the slow
way. A couple of stitches needle down turn and so on!lol

Couching threads frood Quilting 7 February 3rd 06 02:17 PM
couching questions anne Needlework 4 September 25th 05 02:47 PM
Or Nue or Italian Couching [email protected] Needlework 1 September 7th 05 06:50 AM
Couching cords anne Needlework 3 March 15th 05 02:25 PM
Couching threads JS Quilting 13 August 11th 03 01:59 AM