Quilt Labels

Old October 26th 05, 10:01 PM
Kate Dicey

Default Quilt Labels

Polly Esther wrote:

Cursive writing is not nearly as difficult as so many feathers and other
lovelies I've seen on quilts. You just have to think on the other side of
the brain. Some of us are already there. Polly

My brain has more corners than sides! So far I have mastered straight
line quilting and quilting in the ditch. I can do FM stippling, but not
expertly. I've done stars and zigzagz, but that' it!
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 27th 05, 05:00 AM
Kate T.

Hey Polly:

I do the same thing with my machine quilting. I've gotten the family
used to the "mystery" of the quilt. They have the children hunt for
what I've quilted in like the name of the quilt, the date, my name,
etc. The first time I did it I was shocked at the response. They all
liked it.

Kate

Polly Esther wrote:
I write my name and the date in with my stippling. And other things - the
recipient, the occasion, whatever. I've been writing with my SM since, gee,
I don't know. Maybe since I learned how to drop the feed dogs. One thing's
for sure - the quilt's not going to ever have its identity stolen. Polly

"teleflora" wrote in message

"Phyllis Nilsson" wrote in message
If I just wanted to write a label, what kind of pen would I use that
wouldn't wash out over the years (I only make bed quilts)?

We just had a mini workshop at Guild and people said that they used
everything from Sharpies to Zig to Micron pens.

They also said that if you heat-set the ink, that ink jet print won't wash
out. Even without the special soak that is sold in the quilt store for
this purpose. I didn't know that and I'm half scared to trust it, but
people swore up and down that it was true. If it IS true, it would sure
be a lot easier.

Cindy