Lampworked goblets

Old February 4th 05, 06:26 PM
James JKL

Default Lampworked goblets

Few days ago I purchased this glass piece
http://www.artofvenice.com/art/grande1.asp?RECORD_KEY=$queryString&name=C062;
loved his work then and would be interested in knowing more about the value.

James

Old February 8th 05, 01:01 PM
starlia

All I can say is that you have exceptional taste. That is one gorgeous
goblet. I have no idea about the artist but I would love to know more
myself.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old February 8th 05, 09:30 PM
Mike Firth

Considering the warantee of Mirano made on the web site and the slight
flaws visible in the photograph which are characteristic of quickly made
hand made stuff, it was probably made in a production shop and cannot be
identified with a particular master blower. It probably is worth retail
about what you paid for it.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website

Old February 14th 05, 05:32 PM
Kevin Bethea

looks like a virtual production replication by Robert Kaindl to me. Maybe
they are just linked to his site but I would question the authenticity. the
glass could have come from Italy but I wonder if the goblet was made there.

kevin

Old June 11th 05, 04:08 PM
Artofvenice Artofvenice is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

Hi,
I'm Alex, the owner of www.Artofvenice.com, and I sold that goblet. I have seen your comments and I want to guarantee the autenticity of that piece, as of the other glassware I sell (and I collect) in Venice and in my website. I go personally to work in this studio in Murano.
Those goblets are lampworks in soft glass and they are made in very limited quantities by I. Balbi, a very good master glassmaker from Murano. He is joung, but also a talent and now he is working with Lucio Bubacco, the best lampworker in Murano and probably one of the greatest worldwide.
I don't want to discuss about the "value" (technical and artistic), because I trade them, but I can say that everybody who knows a little bit about lampworking, who has seen them was very very impressed. For everybody involved in glassmaking, I want to repeat that they aren't borosilycate, but Murano soft glass (they will understand what it means in terms of difficulties of control on the flame).

You can have some info about him and his family of lamworkers in my website.

Sincerely

Alex