2006 Projects?

Old December 29th 05, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Fabric 2006 Projects?

Tia Mary wrote:
This appears to have been started as an interesting discussion on
fabric. How in the world can people get so nasty (I've been reading
some of the older posts) over a fabric discussion?!?!?

It's proven that some people BELONG in a killfile.....

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 29th 05, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I wouldn't hold it against you for no knickers! BTW, got the
calendar, very sweet my friend. I'll get those seeds ready and sent
by next week.

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:27:01 GMT, "Pat P"
wrote:

Oh, I used to love those - had several about 30 years ago - some in Indian
Muslin. I had one really long earth toned one and at a Cadets` band
competition one weekend, wondered why I was getting broad grins from the
Naval Officers who were wandering around, until I found that my best friend
had told a couple of them that I only wore them as you needed no knickers
underneath!!!

She IS still alive, and still my best friend. By the way, there was no
truth in it!

Pat P

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
It's a dress with a yoke, then it splays out into a tent-like shape,
very loose fitting and comes either to the knee or in the caftan
style, to the floor. It is a lounger, but something people wear up to
the store.

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:02:42 GMT, "Pat P"
wrote:

What the devil`s a Mu-mu???

Pat P

"Joan E." wrote in message
egroups.com...

lucretia borgia wrote:

I am nearly reaching the forever, I am unlikely to change from jeans
in the next few years lol Neither togas or Mu Mu's would be very
suitable in this climate.

Boy, ain't *that* the truth!!! shivering, just thinking about it!

Come to think of it, wouldn't togas and Mu Mu's represent Roman and
Hawaiin jeans in the sense that they were the garments worn by all the
hoi polloi ?

True. And mu mus did enjoy a brief bout of popularity in the U.S. (not
sure about other places) waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when but, AFAIK, togas
never did (except for the few toga parties held back in the 70s).

Joan, in what is a very warm December at 29F, which is still too cold
for either type of horrid clothing!

Old December 29th 05, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:59:14 -0500, "Lucille"
wrote:

I saw something the other day on the Today show that absolutely intriqued
me. Apparently Microsoft has developed a waterproof keyboard. They spilled
water on it and it just ran off without damage. It was kind of klunky
looking, but who cares, as long as it has all the letters and numbers.

I have no idea if it's been released for sale yet because it was one of
those oohh look at that moments and I missed all the details, but doesn't
that sound like a heavenly gizmo to own?

Lucille

Mark bought me a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop and he forced me to upgrade
the no questions asked, extended three year warranty! The only thing
they don't cover is obvious abuses with a hammer. If I drop it in the
pool, I get another one. If Mika has an accident on it, I get a new
one. However, I ordered a keyboard cover for it. It fits snug and
though it has tiny pin holes to prevent puffing or vacuum, it is
virtually spill proof. I have one on the desktop keyboard also and
we've spilled everything on it. Nothing ever got through. I paid
about 14 dollars for each of them, somewhere online.

Old December 29th 05, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:32:45 -0600, "Jinx the Minx"
wrote:

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Dr. Brat wrote:

Rugged, to me, by the way, means durable, rather than coarse or heavy.

And what does durable mean? Not likely to wear out for a long time. I
can assure you that the lighter weight so-called "denims" won't stand up
to that scrutiny.

Dianne

Right back to square one....unbelievable...

Okay, I'm saying it:

Uncle.
Old December 29th 05, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Walmart 2006 Projects?

ditto

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:05:17 -0800, "MelissaD"
wrote:

Sorry - that made me giggle - living out west as I do I'm afraid our
mountains are newer and bigger - please visit the Tetons or the Canadian
Rockies - up north of Banff, standing on a glacier, you are so high up you
can see the earth curving away to the north....now "them's mountains"

MelissaD
who will someday visit Patagonia and the Himalayas.....

"Genghis Khan's Wife" wrote in message
m...
Texas Moutains?? I live in Kentucky and those are mountains. bluegras
pride.

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:57:18 GMT, Linda D.
wrote:

Maybe I'm having a dense morning, but not sure what "damn mountains
block the view" means. Do they mean that because the prairies are so
flat you can see forever??? When I went to Winnipeg several years ago
the people we were visiting got tired of hearing me say, "But, it's so
flat, where's the mountains?"

I have no idea. I do know flat; living in Texas and all. Where I
live now is not flat at all. I live in the Texas Hill Country and
actually I live on a hill, but nothing as sexy as a mountain. I
always said, if I can't have the ocean, I must have the mountains.
So, I have hills and scruff in the semi-humid, on the dry line,
Austin.

I'm on Vancouver Island, the view from our deck looks towards
Vancouver (the mainland). We see the homes and such below us, a
gorgeous view of the ocean/bay three blocks below our home, and the
beautiful mountains of the mainland in the distance.

A friend of mine lives a few minutes north of me, and has an
incredible view of Georgia Strait, ocean, and mountains. The sunsets
are spectacular. She can even watch the cruise ships sailing to
Alaska each Spring and Summer.

Victoria, you would love the Parksville/Qualicum area of Vancouver
Island...well that is if you don't mind not being in the midst of
shopping, etc. It's very quiet, and has only a small shopping area,
but the area is quite lovely. The main drawback is there is no
hospital in the area, the closes one is 30 min. away or so.

take care, Linda

Believe it or not I am a country girl. I may have grown up in NYC,
but I always hated it and couldn't wait to get out of there. I moved
to eastern Long Island when it was still country. Now it's a hugely
overpopulated mess. I wouldn't move back there if you paid me. My
mothers house is ON the ocean. Right ON it. The views of the
beautiful water and rushes and the inlet and to the left of her huge
deck is a wildlife estuary preserve where osprey have nesting boxes
and come yearly. Just beautiful. I will sell that house the day I
inherit it, if she doesn't sell it first and move down here. I could
live in a yurt and we have considered moving to southern Arizona way
off the grid. Ah, dreams can come true.

I suppose in the end we are thinking toward being nomads. Buying a
motorhome, a Safari class A in particular, or a Foretravel or maybe a
bus conversion and just live in the big National Parks and drive from
Alaska to Arizona and everywhere in between. Follow the hummingbirds
about the world! I like to dream BIG.

Old December 29th 05, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:15:05 -0800, Karen C - California
wrote:

Tia Mary wrote:
This appears to have been started as an interesting discussion on
fabric. How in the world can people get so nasty (I've been reading
some of the older posts) over a fabric discussion?!?!?

It's proven that some people BELONG in a killfile.....

GOOD! I'm glad you added to the discussion. How enriching.
Old December 29th 05, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:42:45 -0500, "Lucille"
wrote:

Oh dear - not much around the computer survives that stuff. Though I
have heard it said, if the worst happens, there is nothing lost by
quickly holding it under fresh water to wash off the soda, then drying
with a hair dryer. I have never had occasion to try it, but they said
the drying of the soda was worse than the quick clear rinse and
instant dry.

Do you have any idea how much I do not want to test that piece of
information? I'm going to take it as the gospel according to Sheena and
just leave it at that.

Lucille

I agree I would not want to try it, but if the need arose, there is
not much to lose and maybe something to gain.
Old December 29th 05, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:

Oh dear - not much around the computer survives that stuff. Though I
have heard it said, if the worst happens, there is nothing lost by
quickly holding it under fresh water to wash off the soda, then drying
with a hair dryer. I have never had occasion to try it, but they said
the drying of the soda was worse than the quick clear rinse and
instant dry.

Do you have any idea how much I do not want to test that piece of
information? I'm going to take it as the gospel according to Sheena and
just leave it at that.

Lucille

I agree I would not want to try it, but if the need arose, there is
not much to lose and maybe something to gain.

Actually I did try to file that snippet away in my brain and since I do
drink coffee, and sometimes nibble a donut, at the keyboard it's something
that is an accident I could very easily see happening.

Hopefully, if I ever have such a catastrophe, I'll remember what you said
and try it out.

Old December 29th 05, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:56:49 -0500, "Lucille"
wrote:

Actually I did try to file that snippet away in my brain and since I do
drink coffee, and sometimes nibble a donut, at the keyboard it's something
that is an accident I could very easily see happening.

Hopefully, if I ever have such a catastrophe, I'll remember what you said
and try it out.

You DO know a keyboard costs about ten dollars, right? LOL