Super Fabric Bargains, July

Old August 22nd 03, 11:43 AM
Pat in Virginia

Default Super Fabric Bargains, July

There have been numerous threads on quality of fabric vis a vis
type of store. We will NOT go there now. But, I would like to
talk about (BRAG about?) scoring super bargains! Let's not talk
about every piece of fabric we've ever bought ... let's just talk
about fantastic bargains we've gotten the last few months, June &
July 2003.

Since this is my idea I get to start. In July I noticed that
the LQS had yellow Halloween Border Fabric on clearance for only
$3/yard. Normal price was about $6.50 IIRC. I did remember that
Wendy had purchased some of it when she came here in the Spring.
I sent her an e-mail and asked if she wanted to split yardage
with me. I proposed to buy about 3 yards and cut it in half
lengthwise so we'd each have long pieces to border Halloween
quilts. That would be about 22" x 3 yards for $4.50 each. Not
bad. Couldn't go to store right away for some reason. Finally got
there during the July 25,26,27 "Christmas in July Sale" and
really had fun! For that sale only, the $3 clearance was buy two
yards, get third yard free. Woo Hoo! Since it was "Souper Sunday"
I contributed canned soup for the local food pantry for charity.
I was delighted to learn that such contributions were 'rewarded'
with a free yard of the clearance fabric, shopper's choice. So
..... I went there to pay $9 for 3 yards of fabric but ended up
with 4 yards of fabric for just $6 ... LESS than the original
price of one yard. I mailed Wendy her half, so we each have 22" x
4 yards for Halloween fun.

So, what fabric bargains did you find this summer/winter? PAT in
VA/USA
Old August 22nd 03, 11:58 AM
Polly Esther

Wow, Pat. What a er, ummm, coup? If anybody can beat your High Order of the
Black Belt shoppers, I'm eager to hear it. Good for you. Polly

Old August 22nd 03, 06:12 PM
nana2b

My bargain was on Chanukah fabric that I purchased in January this year. I
noticed it at $8.00 yd. around holiday time. Since there was no way I would
actually use it this year I watched and waited. I got 4 different designs
for $1.00 yd each. I bought enough to make some table runners for gifts. I
am now ready for this year!

Yippeee for bargains!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old August 22nd 03, 06:30 PM
frood

It's turning into a white elephant for me! The two quilts I have going right
now are very dark, and the light border isn't right for them. Looks like I'm
going to have to buy more light-colored Halloween fabric. *sigh* The
sacrifices we make for our art. At least I saved tons of money on the
border, so I can afford to get more fabric!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old August 22nd 03, 09:11 PM
Susan Laity Price

Hobby Lobby now has tables of fabrics for $1.00, $2.00, $3.00 and
$5.00 (don't ask me what happens to the $4.00 fabric) The strange
thing is that you will find a print for $1.00 at one store and for
$3.00 at another. I stop at any Hobby Lobby that I happen to be
passing. Have limited myself to the $1.00 and $2.00 tables. If it is
good for a back I buy 8 to 10 yards.

With so much of the new fabrics in the regular quilting stores selling
for $8.50 to $10.00 I think these Hobby Lobby sales tables will be
cleared soon.

Susan

Old August 24th 03, 01:19 AM
Sharon Harper

Not if she reads this newsgroup!!!
--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 06:43:34 -0400, Pat in Virginia
Gently snipped.

No one understands my hobby/obsession like she does, and vice versa. So
my
mates deserve the best! Boy, is she going to be surprised when she
gets that!

-- Jo in Scotland

Old August 24th 03, 01:38 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:19:05 +1000, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

Not if she reads this newsgroup!!!

I've been trying to get her to read this newsgroup for years, but
she's too busy with her German groups and things. She has access to a
real quilting group, for example, something which I lack. So no
worries..

-- Jo in Scotland
Old August 25th 03, 05:57 PM
DeNise

let's just talk
about fantastic bargains we've gotten the last few months, June &
July 2003.

My most recent find was at TSWLTH. They currently have a selection of
anniversary fabrics priced at $1.79 per yard. I used a 50% off coupon
to get a fabulous plum paisley that will be the backing fabric on my
latest project. I think 7.5 yds were about $6.50. I was pretty happy!
DeNise

Old August 27th 03, 03:14 AM
Nbhilyard

let's just talk about fantastic bargains we've gotten the last few months,
June & July 2003.

My bargain wasn't fabric. I got a set of BH&G's American Patchwork & Quilting,
issues #1-63, for $2 per issue plus postage. I do not subscribe to this one
so only about 10 issues duplicate what I already have.

Nann in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that
one is always making exciting discoveries."
A. A. Milne

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me Diana Curtis Quilting 4 August 12th 03 03:40 AM
Wonky Fabric Rant Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 15 August 8th 03 12:50 PM