Clearing the air

Old February 5th 05, 04:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

Default Clearing the air

I'm not here anymore, so I haven't read the threads blazing away here
on RCB. But I've heard quite a bit, and I want to clear the air -- and
correct your erroneous assumptions.

I didn't leave because of the Pony Challenge fiasco. (No, Candace, I'm
not throwing a temper tantrum.) I didn't leave because of the Bead
Notes thing.

Why would ANYONE leave their own community over such piddly crap? You
guys sure think I'm a big, spoiled baby. Thanks.

I left because RCB has degenerated into a place where I don't want to
spend my valuable time and energy. *I've been thinking this way for
several months*, and those two things (mentioned above) were just more
fodder for my feelings -- in other words, more reasons piled on top of
MANY OTHER REASONS.

Do you understand? How could you believe I would leave because someone
left me out of a group project invitation list? Who cares? (I did
think it was sort of secret-clubbish-ridiculous...) That isn't
important, except as more evidence that people here are behaving in
ways that seem anathema to what this group *used* to be.

I realize I don't have to explain myself. But I wanted to. I couldn't
leave knowing you were all thinking I was that shallow. That's so
insulting.

~ Sooz

Old February 5th 05, 06:09 PM
JoAnn Paules

I can appreciate what you're talking about. Several years ago I read another
group. It too went in a different direction. I've peeked in a few times over
the last year and it is not what it used to be. I guess everything is meant
to change and there's no guarantee that we will like what the results will
be.

I'm going to miss you, Sooz.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

Old February 5th 05, 08:21 PM
Arondelle

Dr. Sooz wrote:
I'm not here anymore, so I haven't read the threads blazing away here
on RCB. But I've heard quite a bit, and I want to clear the air -- and
correct your erroneous assumptions.

[snip]

I realize I don't have to explain myself. But I wanted to. I couldn't
leave knowing you were all thinking I was that shallow. That's so
insulting.

Honestly, everyone needs a break every so often.

Since I don't normally read every post in every thread -- even ones in
which I am interested seem to go off a major thread drift after a few
posts -- I really have no clue as to what's alledgedly going on here
most of the time.

I was just baffled by Shirley's comment about 3 long-time groupies going
off in an apparent huff, and then a prolonged (5 ro 6 hours!) silence.

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net

Old February 5th 05, 10:51 PM
Shirley Shone

You have to allow for the time zone in my postings and USA postings.
When I type things at 7am most of you are still in bed.

I did not say they had gone off in a huff, I think it is more likely to
lick their wounds. They have been hurt. Sooz and Kandice out of the
kindness of their hearts put up the Bead notes for us all to benefit
then someone who remains anonymous throws a spanner in the works.
We do not know what private emails that they may have had.

I just hope and pray that in the fulness of time they will come back.
Just now I feel so sad and I could quite well join them.

These are my last words on the subject.
Shirley

In message uV9Nd.5632$uc.4414@trnddc02, Arondelle
writes

Old February 6th 05, 12:18 AM
Cheri

"I left because RCB has degenerated into a place where I don't want to
spend my valuable time and energy. *I've been thinking this way for
several months*, and those two things (mentioned above) were just more
fodder for my feelings -- in other words, more reasons piled on top of
MANY OTHER REASONS."

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way Sooz. I'll miss you.

Cheri

Old February 6th 05, 12:20 AM
Arondelle

Shirley Shone wrote:
I did not say they had gone off in a huff, I think it is more likely to
lick their wounds. They have been hurt. Sooz and Kandice out of the
kindness of their hearts put up the Bead notes for us all to benefit
then someone who remains anonymous throws a spanner in the works.
We do not know what private emails that they may have had.

An anonymous person does a drive-by posting and makes some of the
regulars so upset that they have to punish the rest of us?

Someone, I'm not sure who, needs to get a grip around here.

I just hope and pray that in the fulness of time they will come back.
Just now I feel so sad and I could quite well join them.

Don't make me come over there....

Old February 6th 05, 05:11 AM
Lilyflower

You will be sorely missed. I can only hope like sometmes happens in
families that feelings can change and reunions can occur.
Thank you so much for your ideas.
Lilyflower

Old February 6th 05, 05:13 PM
Dr. Sooz

An anonymous person does a drive-by posting and makes some of the
regulars so upset that they have to punish the rest of us?

~ Yes, it could be MISREAD that way.
~ No, that is not what really happened. Come on, Arondelle, do you
really think I'm the sort of jerk who would do that?

Old February 6th 05, 06:46 PM
Arondelle

Dr. Sooz wrote:
An anonymous person does a drive-by posting and makes some of the
regulars so upset that they have to punish the rest of us?

~ Yes, it could be MISREAD that way.
~ No, that is not what really happened. Come on, Arondelle, do you
really think I'm the sort of jerk who would do that?

No, I don't.

But, I do think that you've been doing this internet thing at least as
long as I have. I have, over time, learn to not take stuff I read on
news groups, message boards or mail lists personally because it's all
just bits through a wire.

There have been a couple of times, though, when a Troll who got access
to my personal information had physically threatened me and had gotten
my AOL account pulled. For that, I fight back. (Say what you like about
AOL, but back in the day, they took such invasions seriously, and were a
tremendous help.) I did not, however, involve anyone else (other than
the FBI) in my fury.

OK, so RCB is more of a personal club than AOL Pagan message boards ever
were. People know each other IRL, and have visited each other. You can
be really hurt by the people you love.

The rest of us are just strangers, strangers who benefit from your
presence, and don't deserve to be shuffled off in a fit of pique.

If I have ever done anything to upset you, Sooz (or anyone else), I
apologize -- it was never intentional. I have hot buttons, too, and
sometimes go off, but it is always on an intellectual level, not a
personal level, even if it doesn't seem so at the time. Nearly always
"You" in such a posting is the impersonal plural pronoun. If folks
could remember that bit of grammar, and read postings with that foremost
in mind, fewer things would be taken as personal attacks.

So, if you have a serious Troll problem, perhaps you should take it up
with the FBI; that's what they get paid to deal with. Otherwise, stop
reading the group for a while, cool down and reassess your relationship
to the group. Come back when you are ready to do so, because we will be
here, with or without you.

Don't burn bridges.

Old February 6th 05, 08:01 PM
Dr. Sooz

You know what, Arondelle?

It's not about that (see below). You're making wild assumptions. It has
nothing to do with any troll. In a fit of pique?

Please do not tell me what to do based on guesses. So far, you are
wrong on all of the below. Way, way off. Yuo have not the slightest
idea, based on what you've written here, what's going on with me.