My first Blue Ribbon First Prize!

Old July 11th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default My first Blue Ribbon First Prize!

Congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt and well-deserving of an award.

Julia in MN

Bronnie wrote:
My "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" Quilt has won 1st prize in its
category at a show in regional NSW.

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old July 11th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Chipper

Congratulations! It IS a beauty!!
chipper

"Bronnie" wrote in message
oups.com...
My "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" Quilt has won 1st prize in its
category at a show in regional NSW. I was absolutely stunned to get
the news this morning when the quilt was returned by mail (I couldnt
get to the show) with the award and nice cheque for A$100.
This is my first ever 1st prize in quilting. I was jumping around and
hugging my husband (and played some good tennis later, must have been
all that jumping ha ha!)!

Some of you may have seen this quilt in my webshots album at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
The quilt is towards the end on page 2.

Hugs
Bronnie

Old July 11th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Congratulations Bronnie! This is the first time I've looked at your
quilts, and you've done some spectacular work. Good going!!

Patti in Seattle

Old July 11th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Bronnie" wrote:

My "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" Quilt has won 1st prize in its
category at a show in regional NSW. I was absolutely stunned to get
the news this morning when the quilt was returned by mail (I couldnt
get to the show) with the award and nice cheque for A$100.
This is my first ever 1st prize in quilting. I was jumping around and
hugging my husband (and played some good tennis later, must have been
all that jumping ha ha!)!

Some of you may have seen this quilt in my webshots album at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
The quilt is towards the end on page 2.

Hugs
Bronnie

Congratulations, Bronwyn! I'm not really surprised, but I am delighted
that your lovely work has been recognized so deservedly!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 11th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Congratulations indeed, Bronnie. What a wonderful surprise for you -
and cash, too gg
Your quilts are so lovely, you really deserve this. I'm really pleased
for you.
Keep up the good work; you're sure to get another.
..
In message .com,
Bronnie writes
My "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" Quilt has won 1st prize in its
category at a show in regional NSW. I was absolutely stunned to get
the news this morning when the quilt was returned by mail (I couldnt
get to the show) with the award and nice cheque for A$100.
This is my first ever 1st prize in quilting. I was jumping around and
hugging my husband (and played some good tennis later, must have been
all that jumping ha ha!)!

Some of you may have seen this quilt in my webshots album at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
The quilt is towards the end on page 2.

Hugs
Bronnie

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 11th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

I remember that quilt.So beautiful and so well deserved!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

oups.com...

Old July 11th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marina

Great! Beautiful!
Molto bello!
and the QI Assistant too!

marina in Rome
http://community.webshots.com/user/kometamarina

Old July 11th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

wow!! that's gorgeous. Congratulations.

Tricia
http:/photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old July 12th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Madagascar!!?? Wow! Can't wait to hear what you see and do there. Enjoy!
KJ
"Bronnie" wrote in message
ups.com...

Bronnie ha scritto:

My "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" Quilt has won 1st prize in its
category at a show in regional NSW. I was absolutely stunned to get
the news this morning when the quilt was returned by mail (I couldnt
get to the show) with the award and nice cheque for A$100.
This is my first ever 1st prize in quilting. I was jumping around and
hugging my husband (and played some good tennis later, must have been
all that jumping ha ha!)!

Some of you may have seen this quilt in my webshots album at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier

Thanks girls for all your lovely comments. The quilt was designed in
EQ5 from a Barbara Vlack designed block. EQ5 doesnt go into quilt
construction so that was the hard work. I foundation pieced the flying
geese. The next hardest bit was working out the quilting design
through trial and error (much error). I unpicked the entire centre
panel when it just looked plain awful.
I made it in 5 weeks burning the midnight oil.
I did have champagne with lunch with a girlfriend and as it happened,
DH and I were out for dinner with friends at last night so they shared
my joy.
Now we're off to Madagascar on vacation on Friday. Might find some
interesting fabric in the town markets...

Hugs
Bronnie

Old July 12th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I am a little late here as I have been away - but WELL DONE!

Congratulations and enjoy spending your prize.

--

Cheryl & the Cats

oups.com...
: