My first Blue Ribbon First Prize!

Old July 11th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Default My first Blue Ribbon First Prize!

My "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" Quilt has won 1st prize in its
category at a show in regional NSW. I was absolutely stunned to get
the news this morning when the quilt was returned by mail (I couldnt
get to the show) with the award and nice cheque for A$100.
This is my first ever 1st prize in quilting. I was jumping around and
hugging my husband (and played some good tennis later, must have been
all that jumping ha ha!)!

Some of you may have seen this quilt in my webshots album at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
The quilt is towards the end on page 2.

Hugs
Bronnie

Old July 11th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

WOOO HOOO Bronnie!!!

what great news! and well deserved too!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old July 11th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

Congratulations! Are you going to frame your cheque or spend it on some
well-deserved treat for yourself? The quilt is beautiful. Yes, I have seen
it before, but it's always worth a second look!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

oups.com...

Old July 11th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Louise wrote:
Congratulations! Are you going to frame your cheque or spend it on some
well-deserved treat for yourself? The quilt is beautiful. Yes, I have seen
it before, but it's always worth a second look!

--
Louise in Iowa

Thanks Louise! I think I will use the money at my LQS and buy some
fabric for a new project. But I have 3 UFO's I must complete this
winter before I start something.
Now, to choose a new project....hmmm.so many options, so little
time.....

Bronnie

Old July 11th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ceridwen

WOOOO HOOOOOO! Jumping for joy with you Bronnie. Congratulations! I can
certainly see why you won a ribbon! That is wonderful news. Thanks for
sharing.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

oups.com...

Old July 11th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Stunning quilt ... .and a well earned prize!

ENJOY spending it!

Kate in MI

oups.com...

Old July 11th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Tennis??? Tennis is how you celebrate this? And your husband agreed??? Just
how long have you been married? 187 years???

Just teasing you! Congratulations! The prize is well-deserved - a beautiful
quilt!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

oups.com...

Old July 11th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi from Germany

Congrats from here too !
I've admired it before, as all your other quilts .
Just great !
Heidi from Germany
"Bronnie" schrieb:

My "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" Quilt has won 1st prize in its
category at a show in regional NSW. I was absolutely stunned to get
the news this morning when the quilt was returned by mail (I couldnt
get to the show) with the award and nice cheque for A$100.
This is my first ever 1st prize in quilting. I was jumping around and
hugging my husband (and played some good tennis later, must have been
all that jumping ha ha!)!

Some of you may have seen this quilt in my webshots album at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bronwynferrier
The quilt is towards the end on page 2.

Hugs
Bronnie