Canada's largest quilt show

Old May 14th 04, 11:54 PM
Joanne Passmore

Default Canada's largest quilt show

So many of you seem to be able to travel far and wide...thought I would tell
you about Waterloo County & Area 9th annual Quilt Festival. (May 20-30)There
are 49 events in 10 communities and 30,000 to 40,000 visitors come to it.
This 10 day festival celebrates the art and heritage of quilting. You will
see historical to futuristic designs, everyday works to exceptional pieces-
over 3000 quilts will be on display representing over 100,000 hours of work.
Quilting is a huge part of our local Mennonite heritage and even though I
live right in the middle of this festival, I still get excited every May.
There will be several national juried quilting and needlework shows; the
Ontario Juried Quilt Show; Hoffman Challenge quilts; quilts from
Switzerland,Prince Edward Island, Canadian Quilters' Association quilts-
truly a stunning 10 days of inspiration.