Xmas is Coming! Brenda's Gift

Old November 2nd 05, 03:46 AM
Taria

Default Xmas is Coming! Brenda's Gift

Now that is a real subtle beg ; )
Taria

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Hey Ragmop! Iffen you'da told me you wuz goin to Stuttgart, Ida given
you the scoop on a fabric outlet there!! It is near Flughaven.
BTW: I don't know what SLK is. An auto?? Did you ship one to me?? I NEED
a new stash mobile.
PAT

Old November 2nd 05, 08:21 PM
Ellison

Default Trip to Germany was Xmas is Coming!

Howdy!
Pat, the Mercedes Benz SLK 350 can be found here,
on the "Models" link.
http://www.mbusa.com/main/container....snew/index.jsp
That lovely navigation system is also shown on that page.
We were only in Stuttgart long enough to pick up
the 2 new Mercedes from the factory, along w/
the complimentary lunch (they packed a picnic for us,
including wine and chocolates). Then we rushed off to Munich
to get settled in (read: collapse) at the hotel
http://www.bayerischerhof.de/ .
Next morning Gene & I hit the pavement & walked around the
shops and churches in the Marienplatz
http://www.muenchen-tourist.de/englisch/index_e.htm
We met up w/ RobertaZ and her husband that afternoon and
took a whirlwind tour of more sights after a fun lunch and
delicious dessert. Roberta also had a fabric shop in mind, but
we were short on time, and I had that Rothenburg shop on my list. g
When I asked Roberta "what can I bring you?" she mentioned
the Jess Hall Seasonblend (it's from ..where else? Weatherford Texas!)
http://www.jesshall.com/; she's got us hooked on it, now.
She also has us addicted to the lebkuchen from
http://ww2.lebkuchen-schmidt.com/htm..._ueberuns.html
(We've since discovered a Germany grocery market just north of us,
near DFW airport. We'll survive! g)
My fabric and the chocolates arrived this week; the fabric has
been washed and is sitting here on the table, speaking to me now. ;-D
Thought of you while we were over there, Pat. And every time
I pop a piece of this lovely chocolate into my mouth,
I'll think of you again. Hey, what are friends for? LOL

ooo-! Just got a call from Gene saying that our other Munich
friends, the ones who took us to dinner at Nymphenburg Castle,
are in Dallas, today, and we're dining with them this evening.
They've brought gifts, but no lebkuchen is mentioned. *sigh* ;-P
Time for a Cruise to that "other" city.

Ragmop/Sandy--missing Roberta and Germany

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Hey Ragmop! Iffen you'da told me you wuz goin to Stuttgart, Ida given you
the scoop on a fabric outlet there!! It is near Flughaven.
BTW: I don't know what SLK is. An auto?? Did you ship one to me?? I NEED a
new stash mobile.
PAT

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
And welcome back, Frank.

We were in Germany last week w/ a new SLK (well, 2, actually, but we
turned one in to the shipping company 2 blocks later and kept the silver
one for the week), and the very nice people at the factory installed the
dvd for us and showed us how to program it. [They didn't know, in
Stuttgart, that there's a quilt shop,
Stoffe und Patchwork, in Rothenburg; I knew it.
http://www.patchworkladen.de/ ]

Old November 3rd 05, 12:22 AM
Frank Reid

Now see Pat I think sewing furniture should not at all hide the machines.
I want something that is dedicated to sewing and not hiding my sewing.
It is hard to find nice stuff that doesn't also hide. YOu are right about
asking the wife.
The engraved scissors is tres elegante. Nice touch.
Taria

Well, Brenda keeps her machine out all of the time. The table is dedicated
to that, so I believe she'd agree with Taria on this. I think I'm going to
make her a sewing table like the Horn. I have already done a custom cutting
table (with custom mat) for her, so I could make the sewing table to match.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 4th 05, 03:37 AM
Pat in Virginia

Well, actually, I keep my SM up and ready to use all the time
too!! But I like the idea that I can close it all up to hide
from little kids and dogs and cats. Or if I decided to make the
quilting room into a dual purpose room by adding a day bed for
occasional guests. It is not so much wanting to HIDE the SM, but
more on the order of PROTECTION! G Plus, I just like the idea
of more options.
PAT in VA/USA

Old November 4th 05, 11:54 AM
Frank Reid

Or if I decided to make the quilting room into a dual purpose room by
adding a day bed for occasional guests. It is not so much wanting to HIDE
the SM, but more on the order of PROTECTION! G Plus, I just like the
idea of more options.
PAT in VA/USA

There is no way on God's Green Earth that one could convert the "sewing
room" without a backhoe to empty it. 26 feet of shelving covered with boxes
of fabric, books, and a very territorial QI. A cutting table that was
assembled inside the room and would have to be cut apart to get it back out
the door.
Secondarily, we're too old to "kid proof" the house. I'll rely on the old
fashion way that my mom used. She house proofed us. "Touch that and I'll
break your arm!"
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 4th 05, 12:14 PM
Cheryl in Oz

Your Mom must have know my Mum!
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old November 4th 05, 03:29 PM
Bonnie Patterson

I have the Horn "quilters dream", I put the machine in the down
position, add the top cover panel, fold down the "back leaf", and turn
the front to the wall (it is on wheels), and the machine is safely
tucked away.

Covered in the appropriate holiday "fabric" (later used in a quilt) it
has doubled as a buffet table many times in the last seven years!

Bonnie, in Middletown,VA

Old November 4th 05, 10:20 PM
Frank Reid

Secondarily, we're too old to "kid proof" the house. I'll rely on the
old
fashion way that my mom used. She house proofed us. "Touch that and
I'll break your arm!"

Your Mom must have know my Mum!

Well, there were twelve of us (she kept marrying widowers that would later
die on her leaving her their kids). All of us were bigger than her, but
none of us tried to take her on more than once.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 5th 05, 12:33 PM
Kate Dicey

Cheryl in Oz wrote:

Your Mom must have know my Mum!

And mine! Only my mum could also fry you with The LOOK.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

OT, mostly-- Xmas gift Kaytee Beads 1 December 27th 04 03:49 AM
OT - need gift help Julia Altshuler Quilting 12 May 31st 04 04:23 PM
FA: FOSSILS - Dinosaur Teeth & Eggs, Shark Teeth, Plant & Fish Fossils, For XMAS Gifts Disgo Marketplace 0 December 12th 03 04:32 PM
AD:Royal Egyptian Lotus Set; Free Shipping w/Buy It Now; Gift Ideas Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 November 24th 03 04:55 AM
AD:Royal Egyptian Lotus Set; Free Shipping w/Buy It Now; Gift Ideas Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 0 November 24th 03 04:55 AM