New photos up and my May BOM

Old May 2nd 05, 04:43 AM
the black rose

Default New photos up and my May BOM

I've been rearranging my webshots albums.

My May BOM is in the obvious folder. The fabrics are from the set of
FQs I bought to make my crazy quilt vest; 13 coordinated fabrics by
Moda. I'm hoping I have enough left for all 12 pieced blocks (I'll be
making the applique blocks from different fabrics -- haven't started on
them yet). I might not though.

Just to show that I'm still busy even though I haven't finished anything
recently, I've posted photos of the 5 celtic knotwork blocks I've
completed. They're at the end of the Quilts album. There will be 20
blocks, each different, and I'm currently working on the 6th. This
project is taking a while, but it'll be worth it.

Is it just me, or is Webshots slow as cold pancake syrup this evening
(Sunday)?

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old May 2nd 05, 05:19 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Can you find all the QI's in the picture in my Family album?? See Picture

Old May 2nd 05, 06:57 AM
maryd

I love your Celtic knots!!

--
Mary
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/blackrosequilts
:
: Is it just me, or is Webshots slow as cold pancake syrup this evening
: (Sunday)?
:
: --
:
: --- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
: -------------------- ( )/ ( )
: -----------------------------------------

Old May 2nd 05, 02:22 PM
joysjane

The Celtic knots are stunning. They will certainly be worth all the time
and effort when they are done. Is it a very dark green on white? Wow ....
I am humbled by this work.

joysjane

Old May 2nd 05, 02:42 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Just to show that I'm still busy even though I haven't finished anything
recently, I've posted photos of the 5 celtic knotwork blocks I've
completed. They're at the end of the Quilts album. There will be 20
blocks, each different, and I'm currently working on the 6th. This
project is taking a while, but it'll be worth it.

These are lovely! I like celtic applique and am currently hand quilting
a table runner and making another block as the possible start to a small
quilt. Your blocks are really nice!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old May 2nd 05, 04:31 PM
the black rose

joysjane wrote:
Is it a very dark green on white? Wow ....

Hehe, no, actually the background is a heathery light green. It reads
as green on my monitor, but apparently shows up as white on yours?
*shrug* Anyway, the fabric for the knotwork is a very dark purple with
small green-gold stars, and the background is a pale heather green with
pale purple fern-like leaves. The two fabrics set each other off really
well. In some lights the purple fabric looks like a deep maroon.

Green is one of my husband's favorite colors -- he had a hand in
choosing the fabrics for this quilt because it's for our bed. It's a
very restful green, actually, nice for a bed.

I was surprised at how simple the knotwork is. It looks a lot harder
than it is. The only tricky bit is points, and I have to admit my
points are kind of rounded. Mitering them is tricky by machine. It's
probably easier to make them really pointy if you do it by hand. The
curves aren't nearly as difficult because the bias can be eased into
them if you take it slow. I'm doing this by machine with the machine
running at quarter-speed, but that's still a lot faster than by hand. :-)

Old May 2nd 05, 09:45 PM
Charlotte Hippen

I love your Celtic knot blocks!! You are doing such a great job!!

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old May 3rd 05, 01:47 AM
nana2b

That combo is beautiful! I can't wait to see the quilt.