Xmas stocking help

Old September 6th 03, 02:33 AM
Kerry Manly

Default Xmas stocking help

I have been lurking around for a while and was hoping to tap your vast
experience for a little help.

My dd, is crazy for horses. I would like to do a Xmas stocking for her but
have been able to find only one kitted pattern.

I have started the one with the polar bears that was in Stitchers World 2
years ago for my son and would love a horse done in the blues and whites if
such a thing exists.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kerri
Central FL

Old September 8th 03, 03:54 PM
John Quinn

I also couldn't find a horse stocking pattern. I would suggest that you
may be able to find a horse pattern you like and stitch it as a
stocking. The stocking I'm doing for DW, I've also seen as a
rectangular framed piece. The stocking design has just cropped off that
which is not stocking shaped. You could extend the background color up
to make room for the name. It may be possible to move other elements
around to the toe area if needed. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.
John

Old September 9th 03, 12:07 AM
Joan Robertson

I have seen a stocking with a horse standing inside the barn door, has dogs
sitting outside it looking at the horses. There was a Christmas wreath and
ribbon across the stable door. If I can find it, i'll let you know where.
I always check out Christmas stockings when searching the net. I love
Christmas, especially all the stockings.

Joanie

m...

Old September 9th 03, 12:32 AM
Lucy Boyer

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kerri
Central FL

I'm guessing that Kustom Krafts/Dyan Allaire would have a blue / white
horse pattern -- they do a lot of that sort of shading. And, like the
that motif within a stocking. Or, you could finish the stocking as a
"sack" (in other words, a largish drawstring bag), which has worked
for me. I did my kids stockings that way and I think they're pretty
cool (both the kids and the stockings)!

Have fun!

Lucy Boyer
Cross Stitch Unlimited
Arlington, MA USA
http://www.stitchstash.com
Old September 9th 03, 03:34 AM
Joan Robertson

try this site for one I think is nice...
www.salt-and-pepper.com/xmas2.htm

go to Christmas stockings...

Let me know if you like this one.

Old September 9th 03, 04:00 AM
Joan Robertson

Oops mistake on that..just go to
www.salt-and-pepper.com
then go to Dimensions stockings

go down list on left hand side almost to end.

there is a white horse with Santaclaus

Old September 9th 03, 08:12 PM
Kerry Manly

Thanks

That is the one I saw that I really liked. I was trying to keep it more
Xmasy than farm like. I will try the Kustom Krafts site when I get a
chance.

Thanks for all the help!
Kerri