Theme for August?

Old July 26th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mickie Swall[_2_]

Default Theme for August?

On 12-block quilts representing the months through the year September is school, October
is a pumpkin, etc., but what is usually the theme for August?

Mickie

Old July 26th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I don't know what's 'usual' but I could see it being The Beach!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 26th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Mickie Swall wrote:
On 12-block quilts representing the months through the year September is school, October
is a pumpkin, etc., but what is usually the theme for August?

There are no holidays in August in the U.S., but I think of August as
vacation time and as a hot month. A beach umbrella or beach toys or swim
goggles or sunglasses or simply a big sun. Picnic gear. A sailboat. Or
maybe a sunflower. It's also the time for county fairs and state fairs;
maybe that will suggest something to you.

Julia in MN
--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old July 26th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Makes me think of the "Dog" days of summer.....jennellh

Old July 26th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Picnics maybe

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old July 26th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I immediately thought of the beach, but I love the idea of 'dog days' of
summer. How about a hot dog and a 'hot dog' in a beach scene??? Okay, I
know. Corny! LOL (corn dog???)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 26th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

"jennellh" wrote in message

Makes me think of the "Dog" days of summer.....jennellh

On Jul 26, 11:05 am, "Mickie Swall" wrote:

On 12-block quilts representing the months through the year September is
school, October
is a pumpkin, etc., but what is usually the theme for August?

Mickie- Hide quoted text -

Old July 26th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I was thinking dog days of August too.
Did you give the new pooch a haircut yet?
Taria

AD: Cross theme Cindy Schoepp Beads 1 April 9th 06 06:32 AM
Looking for stamps with a Fishing Theme Stamping Crafter Rubberstamps 4 April 3rd 06 03:23 PM
Looking for theme fabric Mary Sewing 2 July 7th 05 02:49 AM
stuck on a theme--more eye candy Beadbimbo Beads 12 November 26th 03 10:35 PM