metallic threads

Old October 7th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ceegee

Default metallic threads

I came out of hiding. I want to decorate a quilted book with metalllic
thread surrounding the edges of the pages. The thread does not move. I
have tried all sorts of different feet and also have losered the feet.
I have a kenmore.
Help anyone?
ceegee

Old October 7th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Can you explain what you mean "the thread won't move". Are you trying to do
free motion, or regular thru the tension sewing? I use metalics all the
time on different machines with no problem. Email me privately and I'll try
to help.
Gen

ps.com...

Old October 7th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

and believe me when i tell ya, ceegee.
Gen sure knows what shes doing round a sewing machine with any threads.
that gal does some amazing work.
i think she owns every possible type of thread too, shes got drawers and
drawers of threads and then some.
i've seen it in person, WOW!!
so take her advice as i know it will help ya.
cheers,
jeanne

"Gen" wrote...

Old October 9th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Kay

What kind of needle are you using? Needles for metallic thread have a bigger
eye. Please don't loosen the feet. It is the tension that may need to be
loosened

Jane in NE Ohio

--
Please note that we have been assigned a NEW email address and update your
records. The new email address is . Thank you.
ps.com...

Old October 9th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Some specialty threads work better with spool in the
vertical position. Try that, along with a metallic
needle. Also try a top stitching needle. HTH. PAT

ceegee wrote:
I came out of hiding. I want to decorate a quilted book with metalllic
thread surrounding the edges of the pages. The thread does not move. I
have tried all sorts of different feet and also have losered the feet.
I have a kenmore.
Help anyone?
ceegee

Sliver metallic threads Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 10 April 8th 07 10:37 PM
Metallic Threads Arondelle Beads 13 August 31st 05 02:13 AM
Metallic Threads Pauline Quilting 4 August 26th 05 06:25 PM
metallic threads and brands + monofilaments Frank & Renee Quilting 9 June 20th 05 02:58 PM
Strategies for using metallic threads needed please Bev Needlework 2 July 21st 04 03:16 PM