looking for advise on topic

Old July 28th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Default looking for advise on topic

"Tia Mary" wrote in message

(snip, snip)

"Trivets" - take two pieces of fabric & sew together, channel quilt
about 1" or a bit more, sew one open end closed, fill the channels with a
mixture of whole cloves & cinnamon sticks that have been broken into
little pieces, sew the last open end closed, add some binding and a loop
for hanging. These trivets are GREAT because when you set something warm
on them, the smell of the spices is activated and your whole kitchen
smells like cooking apple pie or something similar :-).
Good luck with your endeavor and let us know what you finally decide to
make. CiaoMeow ^;;^

I used to make trivets, but I bought mulling spices - that way I didn't have
break up the cinnamon sticks. You can make the trivet out of muslin and
then make
a cover that can be removed for washing.

Worked great!

Donna in SW Idaho

Old July 31st 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Kay

Good sellers around here are sturdy shopping bags, small handbags, cell
phone necklaces (like a chatelaine only for a cell) and anything John Deere,
Corvette, or NASCAR- lap quilts, baby quilts, BBQ aprons, neckties, camp
shirts. Caution- even though they sell licensed fabric there are still
issues about selling things made from it.

Jane in NE Ohio- hot & muggy even now it's dark out

"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message
news
Google on etsy. It's a site for selling handmade stuff. Some people
also sell the ingredients for handmade stuff. It might be a place
where you could sell, or at least get some ideas. You would pay a
little commission to the site, but it might be worth it.
They also have a list of things people are looking to buy.
Roberta in D

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 01:34:26 GMT, "Carissa"
wrote:

Hi all, I recently graduated and with the evil student loan payments I
have
discovered that I am in some trouble with my $$. I shall spare you all my
sob story lol but as a single mom of 4 the government is taking far more
than it needs from me yikes. Anyhow back in the day I used to sell
handmade
soap and other such items at craft fairs for extra $$ but with the new
health canada regulations this has become impossible for me, besides I far
prefer quilting these days So my question is this... I have so much
fabric, what are some great ideas of quick things to make that maybe I can
sell for some extra $$. For those of you who sell at fairs and what nots,
what are the best sellers? Pot Holders? I have no idea. Baby quilts? I
am not sure how to price either. I put so much work into my soaps and
stuff
and I know how hard this kind of thing is, so I am looking for some
adivse.
$5 - $10 pot holders seems like a reasonable thing, but how many can one
sell. I was thinking if I made up some smallish items then had a few of my
quilts on display it might generate some small extra income for me. Or am
just being unrealistic here? Anyone been there done that I would
appreciate
any words of wisdom. Thank you

Carissa

Advise/enabling Charlotte Hippen Quilting 9 July 12th 06 04:13 PM
Request for knot advise [email protected] Knots 2 June 22nd 06 04:44 PM
Request, please advise Joep Glass 3 October 12th 05 08:30 AM
newb website advise Bill Peebles Jewelry 8 October 1st 05 10:03 AM
Advise me if you can on how to do a binding, please QuiltShopHopper Quilting 21 June 3rd 04 04:37 PM