Sampler layouts

Old July 11th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Kay

Default Sampler layouts

I like a layout with square blocks that alternate with a big half square
triangle block. If you set it up right the sample blocks look like they are
set in diagonal rows of dark & light. I've also seen them set into attic
windows frames instead of plain sashing. The diagonal rows look better if
your blocks are small enough to have several rows.

Jane in NE Ohio

"maryd" wrote in message
I know I've seen ideas for sampler quilt layouts other than the 3 x 4 block
with sashing but I haven't been able to find any of late. TIA

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old July 11th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

What a good idea! I know I've seen this too somewhere, thanks for the
reminder!
Roberta in D

Old July 12th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michele in NYC

\
Mary,

I think it's great that you're looking for another option. I, too, am
bored to tears with standard
settings.

One really neat option which I recently saw -either online or at a
show - was using the MapleIsland BBQ pattern
with sampler blocks. I can't give credit for the quilt because I'm not
sure where I got the photo/download.
I added it to end of the album - see link below.

Sharyn Craig wrote a few books related to quilt block settings. The
best, IMNSHO, is called "Setting Solutions."
It's the only quilt book I ever actually read cover to cover. The best
way to see the genius of the book is around page 78 or 79 (sorry I
don't have it in front of me). She starts with some pretty ordinary
blue stars/white background blocks, from a swap, so they're not all
the same size. The next few pages is her mucking around trying things
out and then you turn the page and..WOW!!! You don't even notice or
think blue and white because the finished quilt just glows. GORGEOUS!
Best quilt book I ever bought.

I like it so much I talked my friends into doing a Setting Solutions
Round Robin back in 2003 that was turned out to be a fabulous
experience.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden

Please post pics when your done.

-Michele in NYC

Old July 12th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

I have used the Maple Island BQ pattern for a sampler.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53386571xVSLVH I also
have BQ2 but I think both are in storage. (I have limited quilting supplies
with me currently) I am going to look for Sharyn Craig's book tho. Maybe
I'll get to the LQS this afternoon.

--
\

Old July 12th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Wow! Your friends have remarkable talent! Thanks for posting those
pictures.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
[...]

Free Daily Templates with Layouts for Inspiration justrenae Beads 0 May 25th 08 04:26 AM
Questionnaire about item layouts for uni project website Flic Beads 0 June 27th 07 12:54 AM
My Layouts Angbug Needlework 0 July 27th 06 11:31 PM
Bears Paw quilt layouts Poke First National Quilting 7 September 21st 05 02:45 AM
New Photo Gallery - add your own cards & layouts! Bizzy Bee Rubberstamps 0 September 4th 03 01:35 AM